Alligators... in English, please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alligators... in English, please?

Can someone provide a translation of the TPW regs into comprehendible English, for someone who'd love to skewer an alligator with their bow? I can't figure out if you can hunt them on public or private? Core vs non core? Can they be hunted at night? Would I need to drive to Louisiana instead? Tactics?

Any and all explaining would be welcome. Thanks!

I just read all the rules and regulations. Now I have a headache.

Comment

Call your local game warden.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
        I just read all the rules and regulations. Now I have a headache.

Glad I'm not the only one!

Comment

Just lure them to your pond and have your way with them……..
          Attached Files

Comment

Non core private property daylight only mail in to tpwd for cites tag. Core county you have to have cites tag before harvesting which means you have to buy a hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell8 View Post
              Non core private property daylight only mail in to tpwd for cites tag. Core county you have to have cites tag before harvesting which means you have to buy a hunt.
              So no gator hunts on public, other than the draw hunts?

Comment

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post
                So no gator hunts on public, other than the draw hunts?
                Correct

Comment

That's the TPWD legalese for you; ambiguous as all hell, and worded/designed to shanghai you right in the keester as soon as you thought you were doing the right thing.

Best advice: do whatever you want and just be quiet about it. Or just pass.

Calling a GW will not amount to much. They only "know the law" when they're slipping a gate off its hinges or writing a ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by EarleyBird View Post
                    That's the TPWD legalese for you; ambiguous as all hell, and worded/designed to shanghai you right in the keester as soon as you thought you were doing the right thing.

Best advice: do whatever you want and just be quiet about it. Or just pass.

Calling a GW will not amount to much. They only "know the law" when they're slipping a gate off its hinges or writing a ticket.
                    BS ! When the gator showed up in my pond I called the local GW and he told me exactly what my options were. The season was open and I could have killed him legally but I opted not to. He left on his own and that was fine with me.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                      BS ! When the gator showed up in my pond I called the local GW and he told me exactly what my options were. The season was open and I could have killed him legally but I opted not to. He left on his own and that was fine with me.
                      Yes, sir. I acknowledge your experiences might be different from mine.

Go have a conversation with them about hunting dove over a milo field, and what, exactly, the rules are! It dang sure ain't the way it reads in the book.

Comment

It’s a pretty cool hunt!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Don’t know all the rules but I grew up around them dudes on Gus Engeling WMA
                          Lived about a mile from it
                          Used to hear them Bellar & have encountered some good size ones. Have caught flat heads up to 10-15 lbs with hide ripped off by gators
                          Local biologist said they have caught them up to 11 feet. Oh & they would do feed studies on them by flushing their stomachs. Raccoons & baby feral pigs were common snacks

Comment

GW around Fulshear have been very helpful for us. We have had to kill a few over the years. Call your local GW.

Comment

We have ‘em in ditches around here everywhere! Just wait until dark and do what you want and keep quiet.

Comment

Working...
                              X