Pressure washer issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pressure washer issues

Have a northern tool 3100 cfm pressure washer, been running great, has new plug air filter, oil has been changed. Used it several hours no issues, bout a week later, fired it up first pull, used it about 20 minutes, it died. Drained bowl, started again ran about 5 minutes. It starts runs a few minutes then dies. Any suggestions on how to fix.

See if there is a screen on the muffler. If there is pull it out. Sometimes the screens get clogged up and creates issues.
    And this might help.....he has a ton of good info
    [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMsAdVerbvs"]How To Fix a Lawn Mower That Quits, Dies or Stalls After 2 Minutes - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Oil level sensor. Top off the oil

Comment

Just recently I had a nearly new trash pump give me similar problems.
        Gas fine, carb shiny clean, air filter fine, tested spark and looked fine. It would start up the first pull but after a bit would die and then become hard to start. I replaced the ignition coil and that fixed it. I'm guessing it would get hot and the spark would become weak. It was odd being it was so new.

Comment

Steve's Small Engine Saloon has helped me with several issues I've had with a chainsaw and a weed eater. It's a great resource!

Comment

Agree. May the oil level sensor. I had mine on uneven ground and it did the same thing. Leveled it out and ran great

Comment

Originally posted by Wits_End View Post
              Just recently I had a nearly new trash pump give me similar problems.
              Gas fine, carb shiny clean, air filter fine, tested spark and looked fine. It would start up the first pull but after a bit would die and then become hard to start. I replaced the ignition coil and that fixed it. I'm guessing it would get hot and the spark would become weak. It was odd being it was so new.
              Not really odd, most everything now days is made in China now days.

Comment

mine is doing the same thing..only it wont restart...checked the oil....drained the carb...wont start

Comment

after it dies, check for spark at the plug; if yes you have a fuel problem. draining a carb never helped me as I usually had to clean it with compressed air thru the jets and a solvent cleaner.

Comment

I'd bet it is the oil level. It don't take much to shut them down if they're low or unlevel.

Comment

Working...
                    X