No announcement yet.

LIV Golf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They can all **** off. If I were in charge of the majors, I'd ban them all.

If there is any good to come from it, it's that Bryson Douchambeau won't be on my TV anymore.

Comment

I like competition in markets. PGA players don't receive compensation from the PGA unless they make cuts and perform. (not a bad thing) But the players are private contractors and should be able to play in the events they choose. If the PGA wants to alienate more stars and more fans, so be it.

Comment

Only person I will miss is Ricky Fowler.

Sergio is whiner like Bryson. Phil is yesterday’s news.
        DJ is not winning anymore. Reed is a GOF.

I love the non-profit PGA. Sorry the good players didn’t think they were making enough. Anybody checked the Sunday winnings lately?

JMHO and I watch a lot of golf.

Comment

I am disappointed but figured with the way sports have moved (NIL college)...this would one day also come to Pro Golf.
          Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Until now I don't think the PGA has taken the LIV threat very seriously. They have been counting on their top players staying on their tour because of the tradition, prestige, good prize money and wanting to build a historical legacy by winning lots of majors. As it turns out that may be true for a few players at the top of the pile (eg: Rory, Jordan) but for many, many more it is about the money, period.

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
              Only person I will miss is Ricky Fowler.

Sergio is whiner like Bryson. Phil is yesterday’s news.
              DJ is not winning anymore.
              Reed is a GOF.

I love the non-profit PGA. Sorry the good players didn’t think they were making enough. Anybody checked the Sunday winnings lately?

JMHO and I watch a lot of golf.
              Both of them have Majors since 2020. Phil is most likely done winning majors but I could see DJ possibly winning a couple more before he bows out.

And no one out there thinks they make enough. There's probably not one PGA tour player out there that wouldn't change his brand of clubs or balls tomorrow if a competitor wrote a check with enough zeros behind it.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                Until now I don't think the PGA has taken the LIV threat very seriously. They have been counting on their top players staying on their tour because of the tradition, prestige, good prize money and wanting to build a historical legacy by winning lots of majors. As it turns out that may be true for a few players at the top of the pile (eg: Rory, Jordan) but for many, many more it is about the money, period.
                I think the only thing keeping most from jumping, is their sponsors.

Comment

Originally posted by JTRichardson View Post
                  I'm not sure how this is gonna work for the PGA Tour - they originally seemed to think that this LIV tour was nothing to worry about, now they have some serious names jumping ship and some, like DJ, even resigning his membership to the PGA over it.

It's all about the money, I don't really care what any of their other grievances are.

There's an argument to be had about "Saudi money is blood money" or something of that nature, but a lot of folks morals go out the window when they are offered $125M guaranteed just to come over to play golf.

I'm waiting to hear the arguments from folks about all the players joining being "has beens" and that this will be better for the PGA tour in the long run
                  And all the PGA merchandise and the big sponsors products all being made in china with child labor and uighur's is somehow different?

Comment

I'll watch it.. If they can get some entertaining commentary.
                    PGA hasn't started offering any player compensation till LIV.

Basically its like what MLF did to B.A.S.S only is Saudi's so everyone hold their self righteous nose in the air.

Comment

Originally posted by CrownKiller14 View Post
                      They made everyone of those pricks filthy rich...

Comment

Originally posted by Mossback View Post
                        And all the PGA merchandise and the big sponsors products all being made in china with child labor and uighur's is somehow different?
                        I don't see a lot of difference.

Comment

Originally posted by CrownKiller14 View Post
                          I'll watch it.. If they can get some entertaining commentary.

Basically its like what MLF did to B.A.S.S only is Saudi's so everyone hold their self righteous nose in the air.
                          This is what I was thinking it was. Focus more on the players, make it more exciting, and offer some competition to the monopolized organization. It will be interesting to see how it plays out. The thing with MLF is it was really designed by some of the best anglers, namely KVD, along with Johnny Morris, so it already had a lot of backing. This sounds like they are riding on the $$$ to be the driving factor.

Comment

PGA players make a nice chunk of change every time they tee it up. Made cut or not.

Comment

I'm surprised Koepka hasn't been listed as a LIV golfer. He definitely doesn't golf for the love of the game. Doubt we will see him since Bryson has gone over.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                                I think the only thing keeping most from jumping, is their sponsors.
                                Which most probably make more off of than playing golf

Comment

Working...
                                X