Life in the 1800s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Life in the 1800s

I am not necessarily a huge history buff, however, I stumbled upon a YouTube channel called Life in the 1800s. I am going to continue checking it out, but it is absolutely worth sharing. So far what I have come across are video and audio accounts made from people born in the 1800s. Like this confederate soldier giving his account of the Lincoln assassination the day after it happened as a POW in Maryland. https://youtu.be/yADst939VCA

To me, that is pretty neat to hear. I don't think growing up in school in the 90s and 2000's I ever imagined I would learn about an individual's personal perspective of historical events that far back. I thought I was limited only to what was in the history book at school. Y'all enjoy.

Tagged.

Thanks for sharing

Comment

That is pretty cool.

I know it was rough times back then and my candy azz couldn't handle it in my current state, but wish I'd been born back then (or even 100 yrs earlier than I was) rather than live in this jacked up world we are in today. Technology has went too far, imo.

But, I digress... gotta go turn the a.c down a bit.

Comment

Thanks for sharing. Gives me something to watch on nights

Comment

Pretty kool, thanks for sharing

Comment

Thanks for sharing...subscibed and will start watching

Comment

Makes you realize just how easy we've really got it.

Comment

If there’s something you wanna know first hand about living in the 1800’s just ask Burnadell

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                  If there’s something you wanna know first hand about living in the 1800’s just ask Burnadell
                  Correct.

I think hes in episode 3 of the mentioned series

Comment

Tagged

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the heads up will listen this week!

Comment

Thanks for sharing. I will give it a look.

Comment

I don't have the link but there was one video of a game show I believe from the 1940's, and the nephew of Wyatt Earp was on the game show. A neat bonus - seeing game shows from almost a century ago and getting a tale of life in the 1800s. And one subject discussed was the 6666 ranch and how it got its name.

Comment

A video from that channel popped up on my youtube feed about a month ago and I am hooked. The first one I watched was from the 1920's of two civil war veterans - one Union one Confederate - talking about the war.

Comment

cool, thanks for sharing!

ac

Comment

Working...
                              X