Kansas Unit 8 & 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kansas Unit 8 & 9

I am formulating a plan of attack for my Kansas hunt this fall. If anyone has any info they'd be willing to share about hunting on public ground, I'd be glad to take it in. Not looking for specific spots, but I'm more interested if you have any info on the dynamics of hunting public (hunter density, access etc.). Also on terrain features to target for finding sign. Or if you have had successful rut hunts (by successful I don't mean you killed) that you could help me figure out a time frame for that. Anything will be appreciated.

I figure that free advice is worth what you pay for it, but if somebody has some very helpful info PM me and I'd be willing to send you a pack of broadheads.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Sending you a PM, thanks for the offer but don't need any broadheads.

Comment

Yes, lots of members have actually been very helpful on here. I wouldn't be surprised if a few more guys send you a PM.

I will be hunting unit 7 and unit 8 but am no help. I am a first time Kansas hunter as well. Just looking at public and walk in hunting lands.

Comment

Look for fresh cut corn or standing corn. Always found the most deer sign there. Hunt travel corridors and pinch points. Don’t expect to out walk hunters. Expect a lot of pressure anywhere close to towns. Especially on Milford. Went last year and it was crazy with pressure. Went the year before and killed a 139” 9 with a crazy dagger. The deer I killed was the biggest I saw in two years. But there are some studs up there. It isn’t easy, that’s for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The Element Youtube guys hunt up there as one as a lease and the other usually messes around on Public while one hunts private. I've asked them once about it and while public is limited they say it's worth trying it.

Comment

Working...
          X