No announcement yet.

Fishing with dolphins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for knowing how to post pictures!

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
      Pretty cool. I've heard of them taking strung fish, but I'm a little suspect of those reports.
      It's not uncommon.

Comment

So I am going to take a wild guess, and say you had plenty of time to take pictures of the dolphin, because while they were around, you were not catching any fish?

Those **** things have screwed my fishing up so many times. Find a good school of fish, things are getting kind of crazy, with everyone hooked up and brining in nice fish. Then nothing. Everybody is trying to figure out what the hell happened. Then one of those suckers comes up and blows. Then you know, you are done fishing that area for a good while. You can pack it up and find another spot, you are done there.

I swear we have had those **** things follow us from one spot to another. They screw up one spot, you move to another spot, start catching fish, then here comes those guys again, and the fishing dies immediately.

Comment

By the title, I thought you were using them for bait.

Comment

^^^This, glad I wasn’t the only one ^^^

Read the title and got excited thinking this was going to be a how to on hooking a dolphin behind the dorsal fin when fishing for orcas
            Last edited by Pedernal; 08-05-2022, 02:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
              So I am going to take a wild guess, and say you had plenty of time to take pictures of the dolphin, because while they were around, you were not catching any fish?

Those **** things have screwed my fishing up so many times. Find a good school of fish, things are getting kind of crazy, with everyone hooked up and brining in nice fish. Then nothing. Everybody is trying to figure out what the hell happened. Then one of those suckers comes up and blows. Then you know, you are done fishing that area for a good while. You can pack it up and find another spot, you are done there.

I swear we have had those **** things follow us from one spot to another. They screw up one spot, you move to another spot, start catching fish, then here comes those guys again, and the fishing dies immediately.
              100%. Soon as I seen them in the same cove as us, I called my buddy and said let's go, waste of time to be here now. At that time, they were a long way off. We were leaving the cove headed elsewhere when they picked us up.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Comment

Super cool. Those suckers took every king mack we hooked into one day. We couldn't get a single fish to the boat. They would steal the fish, then some times they would jump completely out of the water afterward. It was a lot of fun... for a little while, then it got old and we left.

Comment

Can we have the Japanese tuna fleets come in for just a little while?

Comment

in the words of my wife's late grandfather... "no one game a **** about these things until that Flipper TV show came out!"

he was not a fan of dolphins.

Comment

Not a fan of them.

Comment

They are cool for about 3 minutes. unless one does a flip

Comment

Cool story bro!

Comment

The trout don't vanish they just move away from the porpoises. You do the same and you'll stay on the fish if they were there to begin with.

Comment

Dolphins don't always ruin the fishing. They may move the fish around but often the fish fire back up as soon as the dolphins move thru. Sometimes they will be pushing a school of fish and you'll pop some trout as the dolphins approach. I don't give up on a spot automatically when they show up. If they camp out, maybe but if they are just moving along hunting then I don't leave.

One thing to keep in mind, the dolphins can find fish way better than we can. If you find them feeding in an area there are fish there. They will locate them for you. They are way better at fishing than we are.

Comment

Working...
                              X