X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Better ?
    Attached Files

Comment

If I could only see my garage floor I could give you a comment..

Comment

Originally posted by Bro. Bill View Post
        If I could only see my garage floor I could give you a comment..
        I am not looking forward to the "prep" work involved

Comment

Just tell her "No".

Comment

I can’t find anyone around Tyler that does the polyaspartic, at least not in an internet search. It looks and sounds pretty interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray McGaughey View Post
              Just tell her "No".
              Momma gets what momma wants. If not, PM me your address and you can deal with her!

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                Better ?
                This looks really nice, but I'd hate to drop a screw on the floor and have to find it with that background!

Comment

I had no problems with the kit stuff I got from Sherwin Williams at my last house. Proper prep work is vital. I wish the kits came with more flakes. The floors that look the best are completely covered in flakes.

Polyurea coatings have replaced epoxy coatings now. I believe the main benefit is they are less brittle than traditional epoxy.

Comment

Originally posted by Duane View Post
                    This looks really nice, but I'd hate to drop a screw on the floor and have to find it with that background!
                    Smart man here! Looking at Garage Flooring Pros based out of Lewisville right now. They had the most Google reviews and about 97% of them were 5 stars. Anyone use them before?

Comment

The prep is the key. I wouldn't waste my time removing the old paint. Any reputable company will either grind or shot blast . Me personally I wouldn't let them acid wash the concrete . There are alot of great manufacturers of epoxy. Sherwin Williams has commercial stores that deal with the better epoxies.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I reread what you asked for hell I thought this was a epoxy thread [emoji1787]. You could polish the concrete. You could put a oil inhibitor on it that sprays on clear . I hope that helps

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                          Oil
                          You know you say that but back in the day alot of Breakchecks were oil cut with various. They were beautiful. Oh don't forget about stain

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                            The prep is the key. I wouldn't waste my time removing the old paint. Any reputable company will either grind or shot blast . Me personally I wouldn't let them acid wash the concrete . There are alot of great manufacturers of epoxy. Sherwin Williams has commercial stores that deal with the better epoxies.
                            Pat KNOWS! Prep is absolutely the key. There are alot of threads on epoxy coatings here on TBH. I know I've posted my floors a few times. I use Rust-Oleum commercial professional series product. Its oil based vs water based and is much better IMO. Don't buy the cheap stuff. It wears off and is susceptible to hot tire transfer.

Last edited by RascalArms; 08-04-2022, 07:32 PM.

Comment

I did my garage with the kit from Lowes.
                              FLOOR PREP, IS THE KEY. It's been 14years, and it still looks like new.
                              Wife parks in the garage, so gets used daily. I clean guns, fishing reels, stuff gets sprayed in the floor. Cleans right up.
                              It took about 3 days from start to finish.

Cleaning the concrete, no acid. washing it off and drying it. Fans going, then blew any dust or debris out.

Layed it down. Let it set. Then moved everything back in.

I had great luck with the big box stuff. But I've seen plenty that haven't and blamed the product. Usually do to the prep for bad results.

Moisture and time of year/day play a big part in the setting.
                              I only used about half the flakes. Color is a dessert tan.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                                I can’t find anyone around Tyler that does the polyaspartic, at least not in an internet search. It looks and sounds pretty interesting.
                                You can contact LS Concrete Coatings they would probably make the drive.

Comment

Working...
                                X