What is the best option for bow mounted filming hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it the Tactacam type camera or a Go Pro that mounts to the bow.

I tried to find another thread where this was discussed. I just want to be able to film hunts and then upload the videos so I can post and share.

Thoughts? I do most hunting from Maverick style blinds or tripods up in the tallest clumps of trees we have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bow mounted sucks for capturing the shot. Your bow is going to jump, move no matter how dead in hand or hard you try to hold it still. etc. just get you a regular Panasonic video camera or your phone and put it in a tripod …

The go pro is great for capturing up close in your face stuff, but it’s depth is odd … it makes 15-20 yard shots look like 40..40 look like 80.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      Bow mounted sucks for capturing the shot. Your bow is going to jump, move no matter how dead in hand or hard you try to hold it still. etc. just get you a regular Panasonic video camera or your phone and put it in a tripod …
      This. Best is a competent buddy filming.

Comment

Good thread here.

Comment

I’d avoid any bow mounted camera if I were you. A camera mount that swings out of the way is perfect in a Maverick and Krivoman type blind. You just connect it to the blind wall between the windows then it swings out in front on the window to record. If your in a tree the same type mount works too. I also hunt from Mavericks/Krivoman and tree stands. I leave my camera mount in the tree always. I just climb up and attach my camera when I hunt.

Comment

Film a lot with both tactacam and other cameras. I have no issue with bow mounted tactacam, it actually has helped with me holding target through the shot in order to capture shot. Have gotten some great videos. It's what you are comfortable with, so good luck.

Comment

Working...
            X