Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I figure the purge of the toxic players from last year is worth at least two more wins. The rest is up to coaching and player character. It has never been about lack of talent but, there certainly has been an issue with commitment, effort and coaching

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
      I do think this season is important for Texas to keep the class, but the good news is players don't jump off the cliff every weekend like fans do.

Texas needs to win 9 games this year. I have seen they will be favored in all games except Bama with OSU and OU close a pickem type game.

In addition y’all’s NIL game can keep kids from jumping ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rush2Judge View Post
        I figure the purge of the toxic players from last year is worth at least two more wins. The rest is up to coaching and player character. It has never been about lack of talent but, there certainly has been an issue with commitment, effort and coaching
        The highly publicized Bo Davis rant, left a mark.

Comment

But will the product on the field this Fall keep them?

I have no expectations. I've been let down too many seasons. But I still have "hope".
          If recruits are making decisions by what happens on the field, why would they be signing up after going 5-7 and losing to Kansas at home? If they are committed after last year **** show, don’t know why they would leave.

Jimbo did a good interview other day talking about how Ags signed their record class after going 9-1. His main reasoning was players recruit players. Who knows if Manning will be a star but lots of good players want to join up and play with him.

Comment

How does a team go 9-1 with an 8-4 record?

Comment

A&M went 9-1 in 2020 and signed their class in 2022
              Horns went 5-7 in 2021 and will sign this current class in 2023

Comment

But will the product on the field this Fall keep them?

I have no expectations. I've been let down too many seasons. But I still have "hope".
                I think this is the breakout season for you guys. So many offensive weapons!!

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
                  Hard to have a lot of expectations with a new QB and most likely a young OL.

Have hope the hype is there. Game 2 will tell a lot.
                  This was exactly my thought process last season with the Aggies.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
                    I for one am looking forward to what Jimbo does with this massive haul of talent he has picked up recruiting.
                    Its definitely going to be an exciting season. Im very optimistic for this year; but I am every year lol

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                      How does a team go 9-1 with an 8-4 record?
                      Originally posted by James View Post
                      A&M went 9-1 in 2020 and signed their class in 2022
                      Horns went 5-7 in 2021 and will sign this current class in 2023
                      Desperate for a “gotcha moment”…….

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
                        Desperate for a “gotcha moment”…….
                        "Their record class" wasn't committed from the 2020 record...

Comment

Originally posted by rubi513 View Post
                          how does a team go 9-1 with an 8-4 record?
                          2020 - 9-1?
                          2021 - 8-4?

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                            "Their record class" wasn't committed from the 2020 record...
                            Ags record class started committing the Summer after their 9-1 season. Same as Horns class is now committing in the Summer after their 5-7 season. Not sure how else to explain it to you.

Comment

James is on point

Comment

Working...
                              X