Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rectilinear Locomotion (straight snake trails)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rectilinear Locomotion (straight snake trails)

Found a set right next to camp, didn't have boots on so didn't hunt them down. There's been a beautiful speckled king hanging around, but thing they move mostly with wavy motion. Am I on the right track (pun fully intended) thinking a bigger/heavier snake like a rattler would be more likely to leave straight tracks?

We found them about 20 yards from where my buddy had his boat beached and a rattler got into his Shoalwater who came flying out from under the console after a rough ride in the boat.

My first thought would be a Blue Indigo. But rattle snakes makes sense as well

Comment

Straight tracks, most likely a rattlesnake.

Comment

Your last paragraph is my nightmare. My other nightmare is one crawling up my back while Wade fishing.

Comment

Originally posted by droebuck View Post
          Your last paragraph is my nightmare. My other nightmare is one crawling up my back while Wade fishing.
          We flipped him in the water with the butt of a fishing pole, then netted him when he tried swimming back to the boat and we dispatched him on the shore by pinning his head down with the net and cutting it off with a fillet knife. We killed 8 snakes total that weekend, two in my pole barn garage.
          Attached Files

Comment

oh hail no

Comment

Say wut

Comment

snakes

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                We flipped him in the water with the butt of a fishing pole, then netted him when he tried swimming back to the boat and we dispatched him on the shore by pinning his head down with the net and cutting it off with a fillet knife. We killed 8 snakes total that weekend, two in my pole barn garage.
                Do you have a place on the Matagorda Peninsula? I heard a story like that from over there.

Comment

Originally posted by red-fin View Post
                  Do you have a place on the Matagorda Peninsula? I heard a story like that from over there.
                  Yep

Comment

Working...
                  X