Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Low water pick up outboard

When is a low water pick up necessary?

I have a 21’ flats cat with a 02 DF140 with bobs low water pick up… lower unit cracked on me around the prop seal.

Tommy Tran in palacios is going to try and fix it for me but he said it’s 50/50 if it breaks completely while trying to fix it.

His recommendation is to not sink a bunch of money in a 20 year old motor which I can agree on, however I’m not ready to pull the trigger on a new motor right now if possible.

If I can find a regular lower unit used to buy me some time and don’t have to spend a bunch of extra to get a low water pick up put on I’ll do that and remoter early next year.

Flatscat can usually get by without low water but the Bob’s Low water pick up on my Boatright turned it into a completely different machine!

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
      Flatscat can usually get by without low water but the Bob’s Low water pick up on my Boatright turned it into a completely different machine!
      What did it cost do get the bobs put on? Mine already had one. I plan on
      Calling this week.

Comment

Just get you some intake scoops. Cheap and easy to install. Kinda like forced water intake.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
          Just get you some intake scoops. Cheap and easy to install. Kinda like forced water intake.

Is that what you had on the RFl?

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
            I’m not ready to pull the trigger on a new motor right now if possible.

If I can find a regular lower unit used to buy me some time....I’ll do that and remoter early next year.
            Better order that new motor now if you plan to re-power. I called probably ten dealers trying to find a new motor for my pontoon. New engines are hard to come by.

Comment

Originally posted by eastover53 View Post
              Better order that new motor now if you plan to re-power. I called probably ten dealers trying to find a new motor for my pontoon. New engines are hard to come by.
              Might have to just bite the bullet and do that…

Comment

Originally posted by eastover53 View Post
                Suzuki outboards are around

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
                  Is that what you had on the RFl?
                  No really didn't need it. I've just seen some guys put them on theirs and it really helped with the water pressure.

Comment

I was going to put those intakes Mexico posted on mine, but I have no issues with the water pressure even with the jackplate on 6. I guess it all depends on the hull design and motor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

No really didn't need it. I've just seen some guys put them on theirs and it really helped with the water pressure.

I tried those first and had problems with floating grass clogging them.

Comment

I did my own install so I just had the cost of the kit

Comment

I tried those first and had problems with floating grass clogging them.
                          Second this with same issues.

Comment

Where do you find these?

Comment

Working...
                            X