Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I try to stay extremely aware of who is posting

Comment

I've said I'll take it a number of times, and have. Met some great folks along the way. If selling, I always say to contact via PM. Funny how often that request is ignored. This place sure beats the heck out of CL, and I appreciate it being available!

Comment

I know this is kinda of an old thread, but when I find something I want to buy, I always just PM the seller and usually never post on his thread. I’ve bought several big items from here and I’m pretty sure the sellers were a little hesitant of me, cause most of the time, they had to wait for me to go on my days off before I could do a pick up.
        So if you’re a seller and you get a PM from me, I’m meaning to do business.
        In fact, probably gonna be reaching out to a guy here soon and see if his item is still up for sell.

Comment

Lots of great guys and lots of flakes on here. Just gotta wade through the tire kickers and "let me ask my wife" crowd.

Comment

Every time I have posted “ I’ll take it” it has always cost me money.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
              Every time I have posted “ I’ll take it” it has always cost me money.

Same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If you skip the obviously apparent tire kickers who posted first to get a quick one and done sell.....then the tire kickers raise hell for being skipped.

Comment

When I want to buy I post "I'll take it" and send a pm.
                  May keeps the seller from receiving a dozen pm's and keeps anyone from getting mad because they know they werent first in line. And when I post I'll take it I'm true to my word.

Comment

Some people on here just like a lot of the general public. Their word doesn't mean anything.

Comment

I have had a bunch of excellent purchase transactions. As we all know, there are a lot of good folks on here. Mixed in are a few that are here to make money and a handful of worthless buttholes! Best thing to do is post up any bad transactions/experiences.

I will admit I was a seller on a transaction gone wrong. I posted up a hand gun. A young fella posted up he would take it (don’t recall if it was a purchase or a trade we worked out). Via PM a discussion of the meet up began. Days later while confirming the meet was still on, I find out the young fella is a minor. I asked to and spoke to the parent that was to be part of the meet up and explained I didn’t realize the transaction I had worked out was with a minor. I informed the parent that I could not go through with it. Parent was ****** and called me a few choice names but I was not going to sell under those circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                        I have had a bunch of excellent purchase transactions. As we all know, there are a lot of good folks on here. Mixed in are a few that are here to make money and a handful of worthless buttholes! Best thing to do is post up any bad transactions/experiences.

I will admit I was a seller on a transaction gone wrong. I posted up a hand gun. A young fella posted up he would take it (don’t recall if it was a purchase or a trade we worked out). Via PM a discussion of the meet up began. Days later while confirming the meet was still on, I find out the young fella is a minor. I asked to and spoke to the parent that was to be part of the meet up and explained I didn’t realize the transaction I had worked out was with a minor. I informed the parent that I could not go through with it. Parent was ****** and called me a few choice names but I was not going to sell under those circumstances.
                        You did Good! A BIG Thumbs up to you!

Comment

when I look on the Classifieds here, I'm looking for something of particular interest to me. If I ever say 'I'll take it", it is typically in a private msg to the seller, AFTER asking enough questions about the item to confirm that I'm going to pick it up or meet that person somewhere. And I'll give them my phone number to so that other contact is an option, in case something comes up and we have to change a time or something like that.
                          Most of the transactions I've have with TBH'rs have been straightforward and positive experiences.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                            Days later while confirming the meet was still on, I find out the young fella is a minor. I asked to and spoke to the parent that was to be part of the meet up and explained I didn’t realize the transaction I had worked out was with a minor. I informed the parent that I could not go through with it. Parent was ****** and called me a few choice names but I was not going to sell under those circumstances.
                            I would have backed out of that deal too....

I've bought & sold a lot here the last 10+ years and I don't remember a "bad" transaction but it has become more of a hassle at times recently.

When selling something that cannot be mailed I do give priority to easy/convenient transactions or people I've dealt with before.

Comment

I can’t remember a bad transaction on here.when I post “PM Sent” it’s to make sure the seller knows to look at their messages because I have questions, not to go behind someone else.
                              If I tell you on the post or on PM that I’ll take it you can write it down.
                              On another note…if I sell or trade you an item I could care less if you keep it or sell it for more money later, it’s yours to do whatever you choose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Most of my transactions on here have been good. A couple couldn’t be worked out to both party’s satisfaction and no hard feelings. A couple more pizzed me off, one saying he wanted the broadheads, then ghosting, the other informing me he had sold the deer stand I had already paid for through PayPal. I got my money back and found a better deal on a larger stand about two weeks later so……thanks Richard !

Comment

Working...
                                X