Truck search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Truck search

Hey guys I am looking at buying a newer truck soon and figured I would reach out to the brain trust here. I know a lot of you have experience with these brands and models and can offer insight.

I am in the market for a used truck. If you had a choice between a F150, Silverado, Ram and Sierra from 2010-2013 which would be your recommendation? From what I can see they are pretty similar but the fords do have a bit more legroom especially in the rear cab
    Looking at under 18k with less than 150k miles, hoping to get one with Bluetooth, bedliner, decent rims/tires and possibly a lift at some point.

Thanks

Good luck with the search!!! I just had to buy my son a new/used car and finding what you want with the inventory levels out there today is tough.

Be prepared to pay what they say the price is, little to no negotiating going on. Use the internet to run down what you're looking for....carmax, cars.com, carfax, edmunds, etc. all have inventory.

Lastly, when you find what you want...pull the trigger quickly!!!!

Comment

Yes sir looking today with intentions of buying. You are right not a ton out there

Comment

Check out rental car companies.

Comment

I looked on the internet almost every day for a couple months before I found the F250 that I wanted at the price I could live with. I also need my azz kicked for passing up a couple early in my search because they weren’t “quite” what I wanted. Meanwhile, the available trucks kept inching up in price. I’m satisfied with what I have but I could have been satisfied at $3 or $4K lesss.

Brand is subjective, but GM products don’t cross my mind, I might would buy a new Dodge (maybe), so you can see I’m a Ford guy. I’ve worked all my life in the oil field, where it’s pretty rough on a truck, and I’m satisfied that “Ford Tough” is more than just an advertising slogan. Good luck !

Comment

tagged

Comment

In those model years, I would probably stay away from GM because the AFM is a known point of failure. If they have disabled the AFM, I might consider one.

On the Fords, both the 3.5 and 5.0 from that generation were pretty solid, the 3.5 had some minor moisture buildup issues in the intercooler, but that is a pretty simple fix, and likely has already been done. I am sure Ford probably had some other issues I just don't recall.

Comment

What about a Tundra from the same year range?

Comment

Originally posted by J Loves Huntin View Post
                  What about a Tundra from the same year range?
                  Exactly what I was going to say, but with today's gas prices....

Comment

Sent you a PM on a truck that might fit your bill

Comment

Autotempest is another source to search for what you are looking for.

Comment

Check out Vernon Ford online. I bought a 2015 F-150 from them a while back. At that time they had a decent inventory and were easy to deal with. Rodney Hatson was the salesman.

Comment

Looking at a 2010 Tundra Crew with 108k miles shortly over in Granbury

Comment

I love my Tundra. That being said, I just bought a little car for my errands. My Tundra gets about 17 mpg. My son in law's 2014 gets 12.

Comment

Saw this one on my Nextdoor site, only has an Extended Cab. I can contact him if you want.

2010 Ford F-150 XLT Extended Cab
                              $8,800

5.4 L V8 auto trans with 187,472 original miles. Aluminum tool box. Body mat. Original tire still mounted. Well maintained with all records. 2nd owner. Well kept interior. Minor scratches on the outside and small dent in left rear. Still passes inspection. Towing package original equipment. Tinted glass helps keep inside cool.

Comment

Working...
                              X