2022 Thermal and Night Vision thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jofus View Post
    Trying to sight in my new iray Rico. The reticle and reticle menu are missing. I can’t find anything in the manual for how to turn it on. Anyone know what to do?
    I was just looking at an iRay video around the menu options, and this looks like the same software that is on my Super Hogster. To turn reticle on/off on the Hogster you press and hold the Power and Camera buttons (two outer most buttons) simultaneously and then press the Menu button (middle) 4 times quickly. you may want to try that and see if it works.

Comment

Originally posted by GregO View Post
      I was just looking at an iRay video around the menu options, and this looks like the same software that is on my Super Hogster. To turn reticle on/off on the Hogster you press and hold the Power and Camera buttons (two outer most buttons) simultaneously and then press the Menu button (middle) 4 times quickly. you may want to try that and see if it works.
      Do you get to unlock a new weapon also??

Comment

Thank you for the reply. Yes, Bering using infiray cores. Infiray is the parent/sister company to irayusa.

My solution was to hold down the three buttons closest to me for 15 seconds. Got it sighted in no time after I had a reticle!

Comment

2022 Thermal and Night Vision thread.

Finally got around to taking a pic of my new setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
            What does your average handheld cost? Most scopes nowadasy in that range are not heavy and big and why not spend a tad more and have another scope

As anyone who I have seen who uses a handheld is buying it to save money and hence its not a good optic
            As you know "average" is subjective.ha! Basically you can get an entry level monocular for $1,300-$2,100. A similar scope will cost $2,000-$2,700. A mid range monocular will be $3,000-$3,300 and a similar scope will be $3,200-$4,000. A 640 monocular will be $3,500-$4,000 and you can get a similar scope for $3,500-$9,500. Huge range I know.lol

Your point is valid that on average a scope only costs a little more than a dedicated handheld. But my point is, if you don't need a scope, buy the device that is made for your intended use. The dedicated handheld is made to be a handheld and it shows, as mentioned in my earlier post.

I agree that if you're just buying the handheld to save a little money but you really need a second scope buy one. If you just need a handheld, I can find no justification for a second scope and I promise that the ergonomics, size, weight, lack of a mount on the bottom, padded hand strap, rechargeable batteries make the user experience better....and you saved a little money to boot.

At the end of the day, to each their own but the thermal monocular market is the fasted growing sector of the industry for a reason. What works for some people isn't the best for others, no doubt about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
              As you know "average" is subjective.ha! Basically you can get an entry level monocular for $1,300-$2,100. A similar scope will cost $2,000-$2,700. A mid range monocular will be $3,000-$3,300 and a similar scope will be $3,200-$4,000. A 640 monocular will be $3,500-$4,000 and you can get a similar scope for $3,500-$9,500. Huge range I know.lol

Your point is valid that on average a scope only costs a little more than a dedicated handheld. But my point is, if you don't need a scope, buy the device that is made for your intended use. The dedicated handheld is made to be a handheld and it shows, as mentioned in my earlier post.

I agree that if you're just buying the handheld to save a little money but you really need a second scope buy one. If you just need a handheld, I can find no justification for a second scope and I promise that the ergonomics, size, weight, lack of a mount on the bottom, padded hand strap, rechargeable batteries make the user experience better....and you saved a little money to boot.

At the end of the day, to each their own but the thermal monocular market is the fasted growing sector of the industry for a reason. What works for some people isn't the best for others, no doubt about it.
              Yes sir! And the average person getting into the market wants the "budget" thermal device. As me how I know with buddies texting me wanting this or that haha. Then months later then now all sudden have money and wanna upgrade

But in this situation on the video it makes 0 sense, sorry.

He gets 1 shot while videoing with a way better optic that coulda been used to kill both pigs, or at least gotten shots on the 2nd.

Some people I will never understand haha. But I have killed 175+ pigs this year what do I know. Hoping to lay down 20-25+ this next hunt

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                Yes sir! And the average person getting into the market wants the "budget" thermal device. As me how I know with buddies texting me wanting this or that haha. Then months later then now all sudden have money and wanna upgrade

But in this situation on the video it makes 0 sense, sorry.

He gets 1 shot while videoing with a way better optic that coulda been used to kill both pigs, or at least gotten shots on the 2nd.

Some people I will never understand haha. But I have killed 175+ pigs this year what do I know. Hoping to lay down 20-25+ this next hunt

You’re arguing with 2 sponsors that deal in night hunting at the same time in 2 different threads about how much more you know than they do, lol

Comment

just picked up a Thermion XG50, will post some kill pics after i get it set up

Comment

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
                    Do you get to unlock a new weapon also??
                    ha, if it were only that easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Chitchyaoutdoor View Post

What’s the difference between the xp and xg?

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                        What’s the difference between the xp and xg?

I'm no expert, but I think it's just the thermal sensor. Both are 640 resolution, the XG50 is 12 micron, the XP50 is 17 micron. Base mag is 2x on the XP50 and 3x on the XG50. The XG 50 uses the BAE sensor, which has been used in the higher end scopes, (like Trijicon I think) the XP50 uses the same sensor as past Pulsar scopes (can't remember what it is called) Jason may chime in with more details.

Comment

Originally posted by RedYote View Post
                          You’re arguing with 2 sponsors that deal in night hunting at the same time in 2 different threads about how much more you know than they do, lol
                          I am not arguing about knowledge on scopes.

Arguably I bet I hunt very similar styles as them and with similar thermals.

Sorry some don't like to hear it. Sponsors are there to sell scopes to all different kinds of people.

I am just speaking from my experience over 4 years and close to 1,000 pigs killed with all kinds of thermals. I know what works best for me and my buddies who hunt alot and it aint NV or digital NV

Comment

Originally posted by Chitchyaoutdoor View Post
                            These are pretty solid scopes! You will enjoy it.

Comment

I'm no expert, but I think it's just the thermal sensor. Both are 640 resolution, the XG50 is 12 micron, the XP50 is 17 micron. Base mag is 2x on the XP50 and 3x on the XG50. The XG 50 uses the BAE sensor, which has been used in the higher end scopes, (like Trijicon I think) the XP50 uses the same sensor as past Pulsar scopes (can't remember what it is called) Jason may chime in with more details.
                              you hit the nail on the head sir

Comment

I’m new to the Thermal game but recently bought a Super Hogster. I have it mounted on my 223 but what other options in the AR platform do y’all recommend? Most of my shots are under 100 yards.

Comment

Working...
                                X