F350 def system failure msg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F350 def system failure msg

I am almost 300 miles from home anyone ever had this happen. 2016 6.7.
    Closest dealership is saying a week before they can even look at it. I have 3 miles before it limits me to 50 mph. Gulf coast ford says do not try to make it home. Any help or advice is appreciated. Maybe I just drop it off is my only option. Rental cars have skyrocketed. 700.00 for 5 days on a small car. 1,500 for a half ton. 🤣.hello inflation.

Add def ? It won’t limit you until you turn it off and turn it back on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Big Red 82 View Post
      I am almost 300 miles from home anyone ever had this happen. 2016 6.7.
      Closest dealership is saying a week before they can even look at it. I have 3 miles before it limits me to 50 mph. Gulf coast ford says do not try to make it home. Any help or advice is appreciated. Maybe I just drop it off is my only option. Rental cars have skyrocketed. 700.00 for 5 days on a small car. 1,500 for a half ton. 🤣.hello inflation.
      I did once. They told me to not turn my truck off and get home lol.

It was weird, I had the code reset and never had an issue again.

Comment

Go by an Autozone or Oreilly and scan it. Post the codes retrieved

Comment

Originally posted by sideways View Post
          Add def ? It won’t limit you until you turn it off and turn it back on.

I had filled it up sat morn. It did take almost half a box.

Comment

The sending unit is bad fill it with def. might help drive home don’t turn it off.

Comment

Time for a delete, get that god awful def system off the truck, feel like a whole new vehicle

Comment

Originally posted by sideways View Post
                The sending unit is bad fill it with def. might help drive home don’t turn it off.

This. Filled my grandads with DEF and all was good.

Comment

Mine threw a code on the way to Durango, Co. last year pulling our camper. I stopped once we got to Durango and they didn't have any parts. It was the def heater and sending unit out. Due to the pandemic everything was backordered. They told me to drive it, it wouldn't do any damage, and suggested I buy a code reader and reset the code on the way home as they came on. About Amarillo it started saying it would throw me into limp mode. Never did, and would start over on the countdown about every 15 miles. Made it all the way back to Katy before I had anyone look at it. Ford fixed with no issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Red 82 View Post
                    I had filled it up sat morn. It did take almost half a box.

Half a box is not much . I think it has like a 6 or 7 gallon tank .
                    I’m having a def fault too . Mine started popping up last Thursday.I have a code reader . I scanned and cleared the codes . Had these codes P2049 P2047 both are for the def injector. Cleared them and my fault has went away . Have put close to 300 miles on it since I got the fault . I did order a def injector was 119 bucks shipped. Will change it soon as it shows up .

Comment

There should be a bulletin on it through Ford. If you are still 128K on miles they should it free.

Comment

Originally posted by dgilbert View Post
                        There should be a bulletin on it through Ford. If you are still 128K on miles they should it free.

Do you happen to have the bulletin info? Want to go in prepared.

Comment

Out of curiosity, how many miles you have on your truck?
                          I have a 16 as well.

Comment

Originally posted by rubi513 View Post
                            out of curiosity, how many miles you have on your truck?
                            I have a 16 as well.

Comment

Thank you all for the help and information i made it home God was with me all the way. Last 120 miles she was flashing idle speed soon. I will get her to the dealership in the morning.

Comment

Working...
                              X