Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some fishermen will try anything for bait.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some fishermen will try anything for bait.

I didn't read the article because the title scared the heck out of me.

Teaching kids to fish often starts with an easy and exciting adventure — shark fishing! Here's how four experts introduce kids to the sport.

journalism at its finest

Comment

You owe me a new keyboard & monitor

Comment

Shark fishing with kids won't even get a second look. But write an article about taking your new kitten shark fishing and you are fixing to get drug.

Comment

I think it was strategic

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
            Shark fishing with kids won't even get a second look. But write an article about taking your new kitten shark fishing and you are fixing to get drug.

I know a guy that swears by using kittens for trotline bait. Like really young ones.

Comment

My dad had an employee many years ago who used kittens for gar bait. He’d go to flea markets or ston anytime someone was giving away kittens, and get all he could. He’d rubber band a hook to them and set them on a piece of 2X6 and float it out in the Trinity until it got way out, then tug them off the board and hang on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                My dad had an employee many years ago who used kittens for gar bait. He’d go to flea markets or ston anytime someone was giving away kittens, and get all he could. He’d rubber band a hook to them and set them on a piece of 2X6 and float it out in the Trinity until it got way out, then tug them off the board and hang on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Thats weird. You'd think all he would catch would be cat fish.
                Last edited by Hoggslayer; 04-16-2021, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                  Man that must have been one heartless SOB.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                    Man that must have been one heartless SOB.
                    I've heard plenty of ol timers doing the same thing back in the day. Using baby birds ducks ect.In reality it's not any different than using a perch or any other live bait.

Comment

Working...
                    X