Feeder light for $30 and it works!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeder light for $30 and it works!

I picked up a LED Solar Motion Light at Walmart for $29.
    I bought some red tinted plastic from Dollar General for $1. I then taped the red plastic over the white light with electrical tape. Mounted to a tree near my feeder. The light makes no sound when coming on and off. The motion is detected when something gets within about 10’ of the feeder. I watched it tonight from my gun blind. I saw 3 deer come to the feeder and eat corn. The light didn’t spook them at all. I could easily see the deer from 100 yards away. I just wanted to share this with anyone looking for a cheap feeder light to hunt hogs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice! Wonder how it does long term.

Comment

Hogs are going to be very skittish of the on and off motion light.

Comment

Thanks for sharing

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Used the 1000 and 2000 lumen for the past 2 yrs. they work great. If they are left up all the time the hogs will get use to them.

I used the all in one lights. Squirrels kept eating my wires on the one like what you have.

Comment

Very interesting. For that price I may need to get one and try it out.

I searched Walmart and looks like they have a couple 1000 lumen options. One that is an all in one unit.

Thanks.

J

Comment

Originally posted by JhuntsAlot View Post
              Very interesting. For that price I may need to get one and try it out.

I searched Walmart and looks like they have a couple 1000 lumen options. One that is an all in one unit.

Thanks.

J

Yes they do have better lights. I just got this one as a test. It puts out plenty of light and it doesn’t make the animals notice anything. They come in relaxed and never even flinch when the light comes on.

Comment

I have the same brand but much bigger one. Going strong for 2 years now. I didn’t bother to tint mine. Deer and hogs are not bothered at all.

Comment

Originally posted by 220swift View Post
                  I have the same brand but much bigger one. Going strong for 2 years now. I didn’t bother to tint mine. Deer and hogs are not bothered at all.

That’s good to know. I think I will get a couple more for this price. I was worried it may not last long. If I get 2 years out of a $29 light I’m happy

Comment

Looks like the price came down from when you got it. But it is less than half the lumens.

J

Comment

Originally posted by JhuntsAlot View Post
                      Looks like the price came down from when you got it. But it is less than half the lumens.

J
                      I don't have one. We're using sniper hawgs

Merely posting the link for the post master

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I bought some lights from Amazon and did the same thing. been up for 8 months or so with no issues. They work great and the pigs could care less.

Comment

I have this one. 5,000 lumens

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                            I don't have one. We're using sniper hawgs

Merely posting the link for the post master

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Your link is twice the price. Thanks for nothing.

Comment

Working...
                            X