Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much landscaping did you lose in the freeze?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much landscaping did you lose in the freeze?

It’s been long enough to tell what’s going to make it and what’s not going to come back. On a positive note I have probably 800 square feet of Asian Jasmine that looked dead but is coming back from the roots. I’ve dug up 10 big mature Indian Hawthorne’s and about the same number of Pittsoporums that are dead. I can’t imagine how many tropicals and palms will have to be replaced in Houston and south Texas. Good year to be in the nursery biz I guess

All my Indian hawthorns

Comment

I have hauled off over 2500 pounds of dead spineless prickly pear and will cut and pull out 3 oleander bushes this weekend tried to give them some time but they are dead

Comment

Everything but what we wanted to die!!

Comment

I got real Lucky. I have a large Canary Island Date Palm behind my pool that I just knew was gone. But I cut back all the dead stuff and it’s going to make it. It currently looks like a large pineapple. Did lose the Indian Hawthorns though.

Comment

80% of my stuff. Hawthornes, loropetalum, elaeagnus. Ripping everything out and starting over.

Comment

Bout 800 bucks worth... not that bad compared to some!

Comment

18 Cast Iron plants, 10 yrs old, all my honeysuckle, one yucca.

Comment

Lots of nice cactus. Been growing some for years.

Comment

Sago palms, confederate jasmine.

Comment

One oleander and maybe one live oak. It looks like there will be a lot of dead wood in the trees that will need to come out.

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
                        I have hauled off over 2500 pounds of dead spineless prickly pear and will cut and pull out 3 oleander bushes this weekend tried to give them some time but they are dead
                        Worked out well for you!

Comment

I live on Lake Fork so our temps are typically lower than the surrounding area. Everything died. However we are starting to see about 25% sprout from the roots. We'll know for sure in the next 10 days.

Comment

our hawthorns look hurt ... greening up in some spots, but quite a bit of dead areas too. should we start over on them or will they come back with some time? they are about 8yrs old or so

Comment

Nothing in San Antonio, everything but the grass. in Corpus

Comment

Working...
                              X