Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matthews or Bowtech?

Hey fellas,

I’m looking for all biased and unbiased opinions here. I am finally in the market for a new bow! I’m still shooting my 2009 PSE Brute but will finally make a leap this year to get some better performance with new technology/cams/etc. I believe I’m mainly interested in a Matthews Triax/VXR or a Bowtech Carbon/Solution.

Give me your best advice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would be a no brainer to me, mathews but I would look at the traverse. Not a fan of either but I have had horrible luck with the two bow techs I’ve had. And I shot the traverse when I was trying new bows and it felt way better and I shot it better the VXR, in my opinion.

Comment

Out of those 2. Mathews. For my biased opinion, shoot the new pse’s

Comment

I would say Matthews as those two are seemingly going in opposite directions. Bowtech has a alot of turnover in the last few years and seem to be hanging on with small adjustments. As others have said, LOTS of very good and durable bows these days. PSE, HOYT and BEAR are producing fine quality.

Comment

Shoot all of em and see. I went in with the idea I wanted a Mathews and by the time I shot a couple different things at ccr I ended up liking the bowtech carbon knight the best. Just fit me right. Go to a good pro shop and see what fits you best

I do want to go shoot the new traverse but I also don’t want to walk out $1k lighter

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
            Shoot all of em and see. I went in with the idea I wanted a Mathews and by the time I shot a couple different things at ccr I ended up liking the bowtech carbon knight the best. Just fit me right. Go to a good pro shop and see what fits you best

I do want to go shoot the new traverse but I also don’t want to walk out $1k lighter
            This! Put brand and models out of your head and find the bow that YOU like to shoot and feels great from it in your hand thru the entirety of the shot!

Comment

I can't help you with the bias, but I can tell you my wife bought me a V3 27 for Christmas. I thought the 27 ATA was a little too short so took it to the shop to swap it out for a 31. I ended up shooting a bunch of bows and BSing with the shop and at the risk of offending the wife I ordered a Bowtech Revolt. To me the draw was so much smoother it made the Mathews bows feel like a cheap PSE off the shelf from the 90's, shot was smoother too. I actually had the shop weigh the draw because I didn't believe it was a 70 lb bow. The biggest disappointment I had was I had to give back the Mathews hat that came with the V3, it fit really well and looked super sharp.

edit: I'm still shooting my 2009 Bowtech Admiral, though I have zero brand preference ideologically there could be some bias due to being used to the feel of shooting a Bowtech for so long. Maybe?
              Last edited by justletmein; 03-26-2021, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post

I'll second this reply.

I went in and shot a lot of different bows this last summer. I "wanted" a Mathew before I went into the bow shop. The bow shop tech kept handing me different bows and I kept shooting them (trying not to look at the brand name). I'd rank them on how I liked them. I narrowed it down to 3 bows. I shot those again and I enjoyed shooting a bowtech the best. The bowtech just felt so much smoother and better overall to me so I ended up buying it.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                  I can't help you with the bias, but I can tell you my wife bought me a V3 27 for Christmas. I thought the 27 ATA was a little too short so took it to the shop to swap it out for a 31. I ended up shooting a bunch of bows and BSing with the shop and at the risk of offending the wife I ordered a Bowtech Revolt. To me the draw was so much smoother it made the Mathews bows feel like a cheap PSE off the shelf from the 90's, shot was smoother too. I actually had the shop weigh the draw because I didn't believe it was a 70 lb bow. The biggest disappointment I had was I had to give back the Mathews hat that came with the V3, it fit really well and looked super sharp.

edit: I'm still shooting my 2009 Bowtech Admiral, though I have zero brand preference ideologically there could be some bias due to being used to the feel of shooting a Bowtech for so long. Maybe?

All these comments are helping me really. I do recognize I need to look past branding on a serious note.
                  On a lighter note, I do like the look of some Matthews hats too! haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a Mathews VXR and it is quiet, has no hand shock, and is relatively fast, but I still am not in love with the draw cycle. I shoot it well, but still not as good as a couple of my past bows.
                    I shot the VXR against the top Hoyt bow and the top Bowtech and all of them were great, but I felt like the VXR was the best overall for speed, noise, and hand shock, but felt the Hoyt had the best draw cycle. I might have looked more at the Hoyt (carbon) if it was not 500.00 more.

Comment

My VXR is clutch !

Sorry for the long read.

Comment

I shot bowtechs a long time never have been a Mathew fan till the last two years Mathews are hands down a better bow

Comment

Eliminate the Triax(no switch weight technology) and go 28” VXR if you want that compact length.

Bow tech? Go shoot one vs. a VXR

Comment

There is a reason they call them blowtec.

Comment

Definitely mathews

Comment

Working...
                              X