Port Aransas Guide Recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for guide recommendations for bay trips. We are going in early July and want to take my 2 kids out on a full day trip. I searched and have a couple to call but seeing if there are others. Need to get something booked now. We are staying in Port Aransas but can drive a little if they work out of other areas. I have never used a guide and this will be our first time in salt so looking for suggestions. We do fish a lot in freshwater. Ideally would like to catch trout, reds, meat fish?.. Prefer no wading or offshore, in boat fishing preferred. Let me know who you recommend. Looking forward to it. Thanks.

“Poco” Ray but not sure if he is still taking people out. We enjoyed our trips with him.

Comment

I know a good fly fishing guide down there,not sure if he can set you up but pm your number and I can fwd his contact information.

Comment

Mitchell Collins, Kyle burgess. Ive been with both multiple times and never had a bad time

Comment

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
          I know a good fly fishing guide down there,not sure if he can set you up but pm your number and I can fwd his contact information.
          If it were just me going I’d be looking into this. With 2 kids, fly fishing probably not best option.

Any other recs?

Comment

James Sabo "tails up guide service" we have gone with him twice and enjoyed it. We had some kids on the boat and he works great with them too.

Comment

Ryan Waggoner out of Rockport, great guide and fun fishing out of an airboat.

Comment

Rick Loveday would be great for kids.

Comment

Capt russ wheeler. We had a blast and caught our limit of specks

Comment

Originally posted by DallasCoon12 View Post
                    Mitchell Collins, Kyle burgess. Ive been with both multiple times and never had a bad time
                    Kyle Burgess X2 He's a great fishing guide, and is great with kids. He's one of the few guides out of Port A that I recommend!

Jason Slocum

Comment

I believe that is the are Jay Watkins and his son Jay Watkins Jr. fish. Both are great guides and are "teaching" guides. They will tell you everything they are doing/thinking to find fish to help you learn. I think Jr.'s team is leading the Legends series right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Wall_Hanger View Post
                        I believe that is the are Jay Watkins and his son Jay Watkins Jr. fish. Both are great guides and are "teaching" guides. They will tell you everything they are doing/thinking to find fish to help you learn. I think Jr.'s team is leading the Legends series right now.

The Watkins don’t really cater to the type of fishing he is looking for IMO. The wade pretty much 100% of the time and are artificial only.

Jay Ray and his team and absolutely **** good fisherman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DallasCoon12 View Post
                          These guys for sure.

Comment

Mitchell Collins

Comment

At mentioned above Kyle is a good guide out-of port A and would be an easier trip with the kids. Hes usually throwing dead bait for reds and drum.

Joey Farrah
                              Aaron loomis
                              Paul brauley

All great guides and great with kids that have fished the area for most of their lives. All of them run out of the ULM area.

Comment

Working...
                              X