F350 def system failure msg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dgilbert View Post
    There should be a bulletin on it through Ford. If you are still 128K on miles they should it free.
    Whats a bulletin and where do i go find it please. That would really help.

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
      Mine threw a code on the way to Durango, Co. last year pulling our camper. I stopped once we got to Durango and they didn't have any parts. It was the def heater and sending unit out. Due to the pandemic everything was backordered. They told me to drive it, it wouldn't do any damage, and suggested I buy a code reader and reset the code on the way home as they came on. About Amarillo it started saying it would throw me into limp mode. Never did, and would start over on the countdown about every 15 miles. Made it all the way back to Katy before I had anyone look at it. Ford fixed with no issues.
      Good push. Thanks for posting this Captain.

Comment

I had that happen to my 2016 about 3 years ago and the dealer did some sort of update on the computer and took care of the issue.

Comment

Buy a gasser problem solved.

Comment

Originally posted by eaglegolfj View Post
            Buy a gasser problem solved.
            You’re not much help!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Red 82 View Post
              Whats a bulletin and where do i go find it please. That would really help.
              Here is a start but you have to get code. The service manager can pull it up for you.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

My 14 powerstroke's def heater went out and through me in Limp mode. I went got it deleted right after. As of May 1st, I'm not sure there is anyone out there than tune them.

Comment

Working...
                X