Prince of poachers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
    Clicked on it thinking I would listen to a little bit. Hour and half later.... Some crazy stories in there. Highly entertaining if nothing else.
    The big honker podcasts are better than that one, goes into more detail whereas in that youtube podcast he gives more cliffs notes versions.

Comment

Originally posted by SC-001 View Post
      The big honker podcasts are better than that one, goes into more detail whereas in that youtube podcast he gives more cliffs notes versions.
      Do you have a link to it? It must have been a long time ago and buried in ther list of episodes.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
        Do you have a link to it? It must have been a long time ago and buried in ther list of episodes.

Comment

Thanks, episode 257, it was buried. I'm listening now. I've got the book and read it a few years ago, I'd just like to hear him tell the stories on the podcast.

Comment

kinda neat to hear what he did and how he got away with it for so long. Crazy to think he was able to do it for all that time.

Comment

Its headed to fish4food today at lunch.

Comment

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
                Its headed to fish4food today at lunch.
                When I get done, I’ll pass it along. PM if interested.

Comment

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
                  When I get done, I’ll pass it along. PM if interested.

PM sent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Waiting to receive it. Have someone lined up after me.

And passed your handle Backwoods when they get done if they could pass to you.

Comment

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
                      Waiting to receive it. Have someone lined up after me.

And passed your handle Backwoods when they get done if they could pass to you.

Gracias!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m not sure why I laughed so hard but scrolling the home page I saw this and got a kick out of it.
                        Attached Files

Comment

So reading through comments and a lot of people praising or glorifying this guys actions. Didn't he ethically, morally, and legally violate the law that most of us follow? We would all love to kill big deer but we choose to do so by the letter of the law. What message is it sending by treating this guy as a celebrity? Listening to his stories or buying his book? Isn't that the opposite of what we should be doing as hunters against poaching?

Anyway, of course, I am curious to listen to the podcast after reading so many on here chime in about it and the length of this thread with so much interest. I was just surprised so many giving this guy positive attention.

Am I thinking about this all wrong? Do you guys view him as more of a Robin Hood or the little guy sticking it to the big boys?

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                            I’m not sure why I laughed so hard but scrolling the home page I saw this and got a kick out of it.
                            I see what you did there.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                              Well played

Comment

Originally posted by Beargrasstx View Post
                                So reading through comments and a lot of people praising or glorifying this guys actions. Didn't he ethically, morally, and legally violate the law that most of us follow? We would all love to kill big deer but we choose to do so by the letter of the law. What message is it sending by treating this guy as a celebrity? Listening to his stories or buying his book? Isn't that the opposite of what we should be doing as hunters against poaching?

Anyway, of course, I am curious to listen to the podcast after reading so many on here chime in about it and the length of this thread with so much interest. I was just surprised so many giving this guy positive attention.

Am I thinking about this all wrong? Do you guys view him as more of a Robin Hood or the little guy sticking it to the big boys?
                                It was a different time, poaching was basically a slap on the wrist back then. Once the laws changed to more serious he quit for good.

Comment

Working...
                                X