How to fix Chewed Furniture?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to fix Chewed Furniture?

Anyone got any good tips? The 1 yo lab is one hell of a bird dog but my god can he chew up some outdoor furniture!

Any ways to keep him off of chewing things when not being in sight would be appreciated too.

My old cheapie took 2 Butt whooping and learned quick to never do it again. But this lab tends to forget [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never heard of anyone doing this to prevent dogs chewing up furniture. But it just crossed my mind.
    Mix up a solution of water and denatonium benzoate. Then apply to where he is chewing or will chew.

Comment

Our dog chewed a lot of furniture in the house. We bought special solutions that were sprayed on the furniture so that the dog would not bite.

Comment

Stainable wood putty. Try to match up your stain as good as you can. Wood putty up the damage and sand it down b4 staining it.

Comment

I can’t help with the furniture but when my lab was chewing on things that I didn’t want chewed on I would put some ghost pepper sauce in a spray bottle and douse it pretty good.

Comment

1 give dog some chew “toys”

2 tie dog to furniture and discipline

Comment

A belt and some wood putty

Comment

It's already raw/distressed wood... I would just sand it smooth in the chewed areas and try to match the stain as best I could.

Comment

Stainable wood putty and more attention if possible. When I saw our dog headed for trouble I would grab a magazine, paper, anything I could smack on the table or my hand that would make a loud noise. As mentioned before chew toys, deterrant sprays etc.

Comment

Your dog is bored. I've had my fair share of chewers, shredders and destructors and anytime we caught them chewing or about to chew on something they shouldn't we would tell them no and replace the item with something they were allowed to chew on like those giant knuckle bones or toys. They eventually all got the hint.

When I debone deer & pig meat I'll save off the leg bones and freeze them. I'll take them out and give them each one as a treat to chew on but they usually are really happy with beef knuckles and we keep a constant supply.

Comment

Man it’s distressed wood sand smooth and match stain. Do not go to dark or it wil stand out.
                      Sheds are the only thing I found that worked for my lab.

Comment

Our lab mix was hell on anything she could find when she was teething if she didn't have something productive for her to chew on instead. We kept her in a good supply of chew toys and rawhide sticks and she would leave everything else alone. But if you forgot to give her one she would go for anything that made her teeth feel better.

As for furniture I would just sand it down and try to match stain.

Comment

Originally posted by CarzAnn View Post
                          Our dog chewed a lot of furniture in the house. We bought special solutions that were sprayed on the furniture so that the dog would not bite.

I tried the spray . Dang dog ate the bottle .

Comment

Age is what finally got my lacy to stop.

Comment

Dang and I thought we were gona Play joke on CHEW!

Comment

Working...
                              X