Africa Outfitter Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Africa Outfitter Suggestions

I am starting to plan a trip to Africa in 2021 and wanted to get some input from everyone on what outfitter/safari you used and would recommend? Plains animals are the main focus but some guys in the group may want to shoot some of the dangerous 5 as well. Looking for a rifle hunt for our first trip preferably. Thanks for any help on this!

Limcroma Safaris is who I used on my previous 4 trips. Going back again in a year for Cape Buffalo with my bow and taking my young boys for their first trip. Great outfit, great trophies and memories for a lifetime.

Comment

I’ve heard nothing but good things about Limcroma.... I went with Dare to bow hunt and it was a disaster to say the least. Contact my buddy Frans Loots. He will hook you up and it will come in thousands cheaper than the rest. +27 (82) 325-5545

Comment

Many good ones out there but definitely Limcroma is a popular one.

I went to Eland Safaris and can highly recommend them as well.

Comment

I’ve hunted with Marcel and Salome De Villers of Marvel Africa Safaris on several occasions and referred several folks to them over the years. Great people, quality animals and awesome accommodations. I’ve never seen people work so hard to make sure myself and my party have the hunt of a lifetime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Coenraad Vermaak Safaris are the real deal. 250,000 acres of pristine bush. Lodge is great but the folks are superb. Cannot say enough good things about these guys and their entire operation. Scruff and Clive will be in Texas in January (I think they hit clients in Dallas and Houston). They have all the plains game and the Big 5 as well. My brother and I killed two great buff with them and quite a few of the plains game. You will not be unhappy. https://www.cvsafaris.com/

Comment

You don’t just go to Africa on a plains game safari and shoot dangerous game as targets of opportunity. So I would suggest determining what species of DG your party will be hunting and that should be the primary focus in determining countries of interest and outfitters.

Size of the group will also impact this as some operations can or can not handle large groups.

I hunted with Molopo Kalahari Safaris owned and operated by Rudolf Graupner in September of 2018 and had a fantastic time and hunt of a lifetime and would highly recommend them if considering a hunt is South Africa

Comment

Shoot me a PM with your address and I will send you a catalogue or two about an outfitter that I and a few others have used. What do you want a bunch of different people in camp or a small group with trophies that will rival any bowhunting outfit on the planet? Lots of good ones listed but you need to determine what you are looking for, cheapest, trophies, small groups or large groups. Lots of variables. I can also send many pics of safari trophies if have your email. All with a bowhunting outfit only! Not the cheapest but ne if not what I consider the best

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                  Shoot me a PM with your address and I will send you a catalogue or two about an outfitter that I and a few others have used. What do you want a bunch of different people in camp or a small group with trophies that will rival any bowhunting outfit on the planet? Lots of good ones listed but you need to determine what you are looking for, cheapest, trophies, small groups or large groups. Lots of variables. I can also send many pics of safari trophies if have your email. All with a bowhunting outfit only! Not the cheapest but ne if not what I consider the best
                  Mudslinger thanks for the offer! I am sure everyone says this but we are looking for the best bang for our buck 😂 we don’t want to have 50 people in camp with us but yet we don’t want to spend enough to have a camp to ourselves. None of us have been to Africa before so we really don’t know what to expect on animal sizes. We are also planning to go with rifles on this trip but maybe in the future make a trip with our bows.

Comment

Has anyone had any experience or know anyone that has hunted with huntershill safaris? We are looking at them along with the others recommend.

Comment

"Limroma" is a good operation but more expensive on trophies than some but the lodging is hard to beat. I've been there..

I've heard a lot of goods things about "Matsuri" also, from close friends who have been...
                      Matsuri will be my next African destination...

Comment

I highly suggest lookin into Numzaan safaris.

We just returned from a trip with them in August and everything was beyond our expectations.

I took a Roland Ward sable ( 43” bull in my sig ) a Roland ward Waterbuck and a Roland Ward Impala and two very representative Nyala plus a representative Gemsbok.

The amount of property they have available is staggering....80 + different places to go.

We hunted on 4 different places during our time there and just seeing different country was a treat. The owner of the outfit was in camp every other day and the staff was excellent. Two people in camp got Cape buffalo as well.

I can’t say enough good things about Numzaan.

Comment

Highly recommend Limcroma. Can set you up with a contact with them if interested.

Comment

Tavi Fragoso Professional Hunting is who I used....personal buddy of mine that will bend over backwards for you. We had camp to ourselves and believe it or not I actually gained 7 lbs while I was there, the food was great! PM me if you want his contact info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by aggie11 View Post
                              Has anyone had any experience or know anyone that has hunted with huntershill safaris? We are looking at them along with the others recommend.
                              I've been to Huntershill and got some great animals. They are under different management now but I think I know someone who has been since the change. I will ask about it if you like. Accomodations are quite nice. The food is great. The main place is huge.

Some safari operations the hunting land is quite far from the lodging. Some places have a 45min to 1 hr drive to the hunting areas. This is not a problem with Huntershill. You leave the lodge and are hunting in 15 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                              X