Destroyed my Destroyer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Destroyed my Destroyer

Headed to Colorado in a few weeks and mid 50yds session THIS happens! [emoji2357]

jrg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holy crap. Hope your ok

Comment

Dang that sucks! Hope your okay!

Comment

The destroyers have been well known for this. Bow Tech was offering a credit toward a new bow some time back. Not sure if they still offer that or not. Another option since they don't make those limbs anymore is to buy the barnsdale limbs.

Comment

ouch !!!!

Comment

OUCH!
            Happened to me about 40 years ago when I had a Browning Explorer explode like that a couple days before the first day of the season. I have had a back up bow ever since.
            Good luck on the recovery

Comment

Oh no. Glad your ok hope bowtech helps you out

Comment

Seems to be a Bowtech problem. I've heard of several doing that.

Comment

Originally posted by BO-N-ARO View Post
                  OUCH!
                  Happened to me about 40 years ago when I had a Browning Explorer explode like that a couple days before the first day of the season. I have had a back up bow ever since.
                  Good luck on the recovery
                  Same thing happened to me with a Browning back in the early 80's.

Comment

Had the same thing happen to me last year. First year to get into bow hunting for me, had a bow for about 2 years and never really got into shooting. Anyways, got into it last year, took my Bear to Cabelas to get it tightened down from 45lbs to 60lbs. Got home and shot less than 10 arrows before my top limb split in half. Turns out the limbs on my bow were only rated for 50lbs. Got store credit for how much my bow was brand new. Good deal, but could have been a whole lot worse.

Comment

Lots of bows did that at the start of 3D tournaments in the 90’s when all you had to shoot was 80#’s max with a 125 grain point or Nibb. Saw lots of limbs, risers and strings blow! Even had one or 2 of mine do it!

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                        Lots of bows did that at the start of 3D tournaments in the 90’s when all you had to shoot was 80#’s max with a 125 grain point or Nibb. Saw lots of limbs, risers and strings blow! Even had one or 2 of mine do it!
                        This is so true. Blew up my share of Hoyt Pro hunters set at 80lbs shooting 2013s with nibbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech38 View Post
                          Holy crap. Hope your ok

I’m good, just shook me up a bit when the whole thing finally processed. Start to look at all that could’ve happened and thankfully I walked back to the house with 2 eyes, 10 fingers, and not a a shard or fiberglass or arrow sticking in/out of me.
                          Was about 8 shots in on my session and was settling the pin at full draw and BOOM!

jrg

Comment

get a set of barnsdale limbs for it $180

Comment

Blow tech strikes again

Comment

Working...
                              X