No announcement yet.

South Texas Hunters Thread 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a great hunt this morning. Saw 5 bucks. Two were mature and 1 that needs a year. Others were young.

I have a couple deer that id like a score guess on from someone that’s good a field judging. Just not sure I want to post them on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Morning started out with several does and a true skimmer buck. Ended up seeing a few promising deer around 8:30.

Comment

Saturday morning a pig was at the feeder at sun up, I really didn’t want to shoot a pig opening day but he’s been on camera for the last few months eating corn morning and evening. I think he was the main reason I wasn’t seeing deer on camera. I decided to take the shot, dropped him at 110yds with my AR15. Saturday evening I had 2’big bobcats within 15 yards from my blind, 1 shot could’ve taken both out. Just my luck my AR jams and by the time I cleared it they snuck back into the brush. Sunday morning a hog dashed across my snedero before I could draw on him and a couple of does ate corn for about a hour. A decent weekend, hopefully I start seeing some more deer.

Comment

Originally posted by rattler7696 View Post
          I lucked out and tagged my Target buck last Sunday Morning. Buck of a Lifetime. Good luck to everyone else this coming weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
          Thats a super cool buck. Congrats

Comment

Had a great weekend, no deers were harmed but my 6yr old did great on his first trip to the ranch! A ton of memories were made including graduating from the BB gun to his first .22 (Savage Rascal) and we now have 3 less rabbits at the ranch! What a weekend, most fun I've had in a while.

Got some video of a good 9pt I've been getting pics of. We are letting him go another year but was nice to see something with decent bone.

Give me your thoughts on age, it's an ongoing debate right now. Specifically the view from about 5:20 mark to the end where he's running off.

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Comment

Originally posted by tmurray View Post

Give me your thoughts on age, it's an ongoing debate right now. Specifically the view from about 5:20 mark to the end where he's running off.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2JkOGf6AaQ
              He looks 5 to me, his knees are beginning to callous and he is in prime condition, heavy through the shoulders and neck, mature looking in the face decent brisket hang. Its easy to say he is 4 and that leans on the side of being conservative and nothing wrong with that. But in my opinion he is 5 and That's just my opinion and I could be dead wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
                He looks 5 to me, his knees are beginning to callous and he is in prime condition, heavy through the shoulders and neck, mature looking in the face decent brisket hang. Its easy to say he is 4 and that leans on the side of being conservative and nothing wrong with that. But in my opinion he is 5 and That's just my opinion and I could be dead wrong.
                We share the exact same opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by RJK70 View Post
                  Had a great hunt this morning. Saw 5 bucks. Two were mature and 1 that needs a year. Others were young.

I have a couple deer that id like a score guess on from someone that’s good a field judging. Just not sure I want to post them on here.

PM me if you want me to take a look. I am not too bad at judging McMullen Co deer. Hope the new lease is treating you right

Comment

We share the exact same opinion.
                    You said there is an ongoing debate. What are your debaters saying?

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
                      You said there is an ongoing debate. What are your debaters saying?
                      Nothing crazy, I seem to be the only one seeing 5.5, they are at 4.5. Not a big deal either way, he’s getting a pass regardless.

Comment

Nothing crazy, I seem to be the only one seeing 5.5, they are at 4.5. Not a big deal either way, he’s getting a pass regardless.
                        Nice

Comment

I would agree with them on 4.5 over 5.5. he has some nice potential

Comment

How bout this one guys? I see a 3.5yr old 10 and a 4.5yr old 8. I would say low 120's on the 8 and likely a good deer to take right now.

Best footage of the 8 is at 4:00

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xL9NkHfufG0&t=187s"]Avila young 10 and possible shooter 8 - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

how bout this one guys? I see a 3.5yr old 10 and a 4.5yr old 8. I would say low 120's on the 8 and likely a good deer to take right now.

Best footage of the 8 is at 4:00

avila young 10 and possible shooter 8 - youtube
                              i dont see a link to video

Comment

nOW IT SAYS VIDEO UNAVAILABLE

Comment

Working...
                                X