No announcement yet.

T-Mobil, Verizon, or AT&T??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those that say they have never lost service with Verizon have never been to the Mason area. I have ATT and my wife has Verizon. She will be without service the entire weekend when we go hunting in Mason

Comment

I wasn't even looking for new cell service but you have me thinking about Cricket now. I have had Sprint for about 10 years now and it's been fine but it doesn't get service at my new lease in NE Webb County. I have service in Freer and in Laredo but nowhere in between and the lease is right in between! AT&T is the only thing that gets service there and it's full 4G LTE but Verizon and Sprint are ZERO. I've been getting by just fine cause my work phone is AT&T and my truck (GMC) has AT&T wifi so I can keep my Sprint phone hooked up to it and use wifi calling.

Do any of you with Cricket have personal experience with South Texas rural coverage?

Comment

thanks for all the responses guys! Seriously considering Cricket..

Comment

FYI : AT&T owns Cricket. Thats why they use AT&T towers.

I use AT&T. The service works on my hunting lease

Comment

i think its a $$ thing at that point, i switched to tmobile after having ATT for over a decade. The service isnt as good and a little more spotty but for the most part, im good with it, cut my phone bill in half. Im on a 'family' plan with a few friends, just gotta be ok with the not as good service

att owns cricket and verizon owns tmobile i believe. Sameish service, not as many towers

Comment

Was tired of being screwed by at&t so we switched to Verizon. Much much happier now.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                Those that say they have never lost service with Verizon have never been to the Mason area. I have ATT and my wife has Verizon. She will be without service the entire weekend when we go hunting in Mason
                I have Verizon and the only 2 places in Texas I've found that I don't have service is Mason and Brownwood areas. I used to go to Mason often and would buy a pre-paid AT&T phone to use while there.

Comment

T-mobile service has improved over the last few years.
                  I get service at the lease where ATT phones lose service in the blinds.
                  Last edited by KyleW; 10-10-2019, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
                    I have Verizon and the only 2 places in Texas I've found that I don't have service is Mason and Brownwood areas. I used to go to Mason often and would buy a pre-paid AT&T phone to use while there.
                    We go at least once a year to a family friends place. And no lie in between mason and llano her phone loses service, and aside from their wifi at the house, she cant get any service. Her family knows if they need us to call or text me because she wont get it until the ride back home and we get closer to Llano.

Comment

If I was happy with ATT and wanted a cheaper alternative, I would go with Cricket. Seems that it pretty much mirrors ATTs service. I have considered it myself but for now with new phones we are sticking with ATT. They are great everywhere I need them.

Seems like Verizon is great in East and SE Texas and parts of West Texas. Never heard much bad about them either.

If I wanted to leave my phone at my deer lease front gate as a gate stop with all the other useless rocks, I’d go with Sprint or T-Mobile.

Comment

Working...
                      X