Most Deer Leases?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most Deer Leases?

What are the most paid deer leases you've had in one year?

During the 2018 - 2019 season I had 3. I'll NEVER do that again, I only hunted one lease once. Turned into a job filling feeders and checking trail cameras on 12,500 acres combined. I'm down to 2 this year, going to try and get down to 1 next year.

1 for last 30 years

Comment

2, only did that one season.

Comment

I have 3, and pay for two memberships on two of them.

Comment

I had two once and that was enough to know, I didn't have enough time to hunt them like I warned.

Comment

No wonder I can't even find one, y'all all have them.

Comment

I've only had one paid lease at a time when I leased. I have multiple family properties to hunt now but I find myself focusing on just one every season. I may make a long weekend trip to the one that is 6 hours away and the other two rarely ever get hunted. It takes too much time, energy, and resources to stay on top of multiple places for me. And that's with me not paying to hunt there. I can't imagine paying for multiple places... or even two places.

Comment

I have a deer lease and a local pig lease. They take up enough time that I wouldn't want a 3rd.

Sadly I spend more time at my deer lease 5 hours away than my local pig lease. Need to fix that situation.

Comment

We pay for one lease but it's in three parts spread over a couple miles. One part is the main deer hunting area, although deer have been taken at the other two parts. One part is more open field we use for dove hunting. The other part has a two acre pond on the front of it we use for dove hunting and duck hunting, we do have a feeder on the very back of it for a deer stand. Works out well for us. It's weird that they are only a couple miles apart but it's night and day different on terrain. One has huge elevation changes and it mostly rocky, another is relatively flat and sandy.

Comment

4 for a couple of years

1. In Kennedy county deer nilgai turkey
                    2. Webb county wt deer
                    3. Jeff Davis county pronghorn
                    4 culberson / hudspeth mule deer
                    All kinds of crazy work and miles driving covering that much acreage In different parts of Texas all at the same time
                    Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 08-28-2019, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Always done 1 at a time.
                      It's all I can afford with corn, gas, food, protein and all the misc. expenses.

Comment

I am on 3 this year.
                        1. Menard (family property)
                        2. North of Junction. (1hr away from Menard property)
                        3. Livingston.

I'll be getting off the Livingston lease after this season and focusing on the other 2.

Will have the Junction lease only because I can go to #1&#2 in the same day to fill feeders.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Have two now, but one is only big enough really for one stand and feeder, so in reality it's more like 1 1/2. This is the first year I have had more than one. I really don't want it to become a chore. Thats the main reason I don't have a lease in South or West Texas now. With the drive involved and my offshore schedule, it's just not something I want to do.

Comment

3 and it was too much time and $. I have found that 2 is manageable, but prefer to have 1 great lease and have other options to hunt on invite.

Comment

2 and its a pain in the rear

Comment

Working...
                              X