No announcement yet.

Life Time Super Combo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My parents got me a lifetime for my high school graduation present back in 2005. Best gift ever. Since then, every year on August 15th I just go online or call TPWD and get my tags sent in the mail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I plan on getting a lifetime license when I graduate college as a graduation present to myself

Comment

Grand daddy offered to buy mine in 1990 when I turned 18 and I declined as I wanted wheels for my truck instead. Yes... it was stupid. I'd be more upset about it but my super combo is free now so it's not really that much of a loss. Still wish I'd gotten it though.

Richard.

Comment

I bought mine in 2008 for $1000. Back then it was 600 for either lifetime hunting or fishing and another 400 to go ahead and add the fishing or hunting to it. So 1,000 for the lifetime combo. At $85/ year your break been is about 11-12 years. When I bought the lifetime combo in 08 it was $65/ year so the break even was about 13-14 years.
          Seeing the writing on the wall (increases in license prices) I went ahead and did it.
          One other awesome thing to consider is that all monies collected for lifetime licenses goes into the TPWD foundation. That money gets deposited and saved, and from what I understand, the interest from those deposits goes to help pay for game wardens salaries. So TPWD is saving some dollars and paying salaries. Seemed like a win win to me.
          I should break even next year. I’m 40 now.

Comment

One of the best things I ever did. I bought mine when I was a little younger than the OP, that was 20+ years ago. Super easy to deal with.

When I bought mine it was $1000, and a super combo license was $48 I believe, so back then it was a 20+ year payback if you calculated at the rates back then. Not so much now obviously, but you get my jest.
            Last edited by Greenheadless; 08-17-2019, 09:49 AM.

Comment

My parents bought me and my brother one when I was 22. That was right before they were about to go from $1000 to $1800. Assuming $70/year for the super combo, it'll pay for itself when I'm 36. Assuming I live to be 75, my average cost per year for a license is $19. Pretty good deal!

MZ

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post
                Got my lifetime about 10 or so years ago before the price increase. I can't remember the exact year, however, that Sept 1st the lifetime combo price went from $1,000 to like $1,800. Let's just say, they had a flood of applications in August of that year.

At that $1,000 price, the payback was closer to 10 years. At the $1,800 price tag, I'm sure it's closer to 20 years now; depending on future price increases in the super combo license. You are also grandfathered into all the new stamp endorsements, etc.

Long story short, for a 25 year old, it's still worth it assuming you will be living in and/or hunting/fishing TX for a long time.
                Sorry guys to burst bubble, THE 1st year they came out $300/ hunt or fishing and the combo were $600. My son was born '83 and I got us both one....lifetime combo[emoji16][emoji1787] money well spent. And they thinking bout another super combo increase.
                This way all our endorsements are included, except fed duck stamp.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MLank View Post
                  This doesn't make sense. You still have to get a license every year, it's just free/prepaid.
                  Make sense if each year you buy hunting alone + endorsement stamps added.... that all adds up. Most people get super combo (which they thinking about increase). So say you purchase combo@ $85yr for 10yrs......? Just saying...it makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by bk913 View Post
                    if you buy a life time license do you still have to buy a duck stamp every year?
                    That is a different beast. Feds want their money. Yes you still have to buy that federal duck stamp.
                    Remember when you went to post office and for $25 you got stamp right then. Now if you lucky to find PO that sells them. You now have to get them at Academy, Dicks, Cabelas and there is fee $3.50 for vender selling them $28.50. But hey!if you duck hunt out state like I do each year, you don't have to buy again...they're good in all states. BUT! you may have to pay habitat stamp

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
                      I got my Iowa Lifetime Hunting and Fishing license in May. It's good until 2219. I think that will work for me.[emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk
                      Hmmm! Why call it lifetime IF it is good til.2219....
                      Don't make sense, unless they betting you will pass away before then

Comment

Originally posted by tiberiuswade View Post
                        Hmmm! Why call it lifetime IF it is good til.2219....
                        Don't make sense, unless they betting you will pass away before then

_____
                        200 years

I think they have it figured out.

Comment

For anyone on the fence, they do annual "raffle" for lifetime super combo. $5 to enter, if you didn't spend enough on your draw "donations":

Comment

I’ve had mine 12 years now, should be getting close to paying it off. I think it was $1000 back then.

Comment

wish they would run that 1k special again

Comment

Originally posted by trjones87 View Post
                                wish they would run that 1k special again
                                I don't think it was a special. It was just the price.

I bought one for me and my son 13 years ago. He was a newborn and I figured it was one of the best gifts that keep on giving. Worthy investment IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                X