Hogs near San Antonio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hogs near San Antonio?

Is there any free or cheap hog hunting near San Antonio?

Langley Ranch
    223 mi – about 4 hours 13 mins
    Centerville, Texas
    texaswildhoghunting.com

Comment

A bit closer.

Comment

Originally posted by Wudstix View Post
        A bit closer.
        Double L ranch has lots of hogs and is about 2 hours SE of San Antonio.
        last time I was there it was $75 for a night hunt or $100 for a night and morning hunt.

Comment

I'm looking for some free hogs. Just enough to complete my broadhead testing. Someplace on the way would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin68 View Post
            Double L ranch has lots of hogs and is about 2 hours SE of San Antonio.
            last time I was there it was $75 for a night hunt or $100 for a night and morning hunt.

How was it?

Comment

Might try Hacienda Ranch near Uvalde. Lot of hogs. Haciendatexas.com
              Or call Brad at 830-279-4758.

Comment

Took a 200#+ sow on a friends lease off 3009 on Saturday. I weight @240# and I could not drag her. 10 yard shot with a 2117 and Snuffer, she went 40-50 yards. Stevie Wonder could have followed the trail with his eyes closed. Continual drip and splatter the whole way to the pig. Taken four pigs on five trips. Not bad odds.

Comment

I am helping on a ranch that offers hog bowhunts for $75.00 a day. Ranch is 1 hour SE of San Antonio. The ranch is booking now for VERY affordable turkey bowhunts starting next month. Call me on my cell at (830) 391-0964 for all the details.

Comment

Originally posted by altabonita View Post
                    How was it?
                    It was great. Three of us did the $75.00 night hunt and all three of us shot a pig. I could have shot several and was only on stand about 2 hours. I saw 4 different groups pigs. I will be going back later this spring with a couple of friends from out of state.

Comment

Daughtrey WMA at Choke Canyon, hour and a half SW. TPWD draw hunt so not exactly free or commonly available.

See also other draw hunts run by the Guadelupe Blanco River Authority, also not exactly free but close by. http://www.gbra.info/News/2008081201.aspx

Comment

Camp Bullis is also available, contrary to popular thought, it is not just for military.

Comment

Familiar with Camp Bullis, I'm and archery area manager for them. Hog hunting is very restrictive there no wandering to find pigs. If there was I'd be on it.

Comment

Working...
                          X