Shopping for New Bank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shopping for New Bank

I have been with Bank of America for years, however, my recent interactions have been less than sterling. Working through a multilevel phone tree and when you finally reach a real person they don't know anything and are of no help. So I am looking for recommendations for a new bank. Not looking to borrow money and don't need a new toaster, however, an acceptable level of customer service would be great!

Credit union.

Comment

Fidelity has Cash Management accounts and the service is nothing short of stellar. I use this in conjunction with an everyday account.

USAA is my other go to with amazing service and real folks here in the Us handling your concerns or issues.

Comment

credit union

Comment

I also have USAA and just recently opened a Bank of Texas account with nothing bad to say. Only thing to consider with local banks is number and location of physical branches (if that is a concern).

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
            Credit union.
            Funny, I came to this thread as I am looking at leaving my CU.

They have become no better than a big bank IMHO, with this dwindling offered services and customer service.

Comment

Don’t know about in your area, but we prefer smaller, regional banks. We use ExtraCo here in central Texas and I also have accounts with Prosperity Bank. We were originally with First Victoria on those accounts, but Prosperity bought them out several years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Following as well. It's well past time to dump WF.

Comment

I do like the fact that I can go to almost any ATM and withdraw money and have any fees credited back. BOA tends to be in the large cities but not the rural areas. Is that a service I would find at a smaller bank or Credit Union? I am guessing Chase and Wells Fargo are no better than BOA.

Comment

We use Chase and Prosperity primarily and now I have an account with Randolph Brooks Credit union. Also have an account at Austin Telco but they suck. Only use them for a vehicle loan. Chase has been great to us and is located in most major cities and we keep prosperity be they are in major and rural towns. Randolph Brooks has been great to me and I love their service. Will more than likely open another account

Comment

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
                      Following as well. It's well past time to dump WF.
                      Totally agree with the dumping of WF.
                      EECU (credit union) is great. Not sure if non-educators can get in or not.

Comment

I use USAA & Randolph Brooks FCU with no complaints.

Only negative is there is no local branch's where I live. My wife and I have an IBC account when we need something local, however I do not recommend IBC

Comment

TDECU has great customer service. They have a good number of locations in the greater Houston area.

Comment

here to say Frost bank has been great for 25+ years with my accounts. customer service is excellent you get to speak to person who pulls up your information, handles the issue and answers questions for you as best they can. nothing bit good things to say about Frost Bank

Comment

We are searching ourselves. BOA is the worst.

Comment

Working...
                              X