Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone moving stocks to more conservative safe haven areas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 60 Deluxe View Post
    There are lots of ways to skin a cat. I got tired of the market swings due to the actions of irrational people. Cashed out six or seven years ago and bought rent houses. I'm retired so I need cash flow. That part is working great. On paper, we've seen some great gains recently. My kids should be happy when I croak.

I would LOVE to be able to transition our retirements into real estate at some point. In fact, I am specifically planning to change employers (or perhaps go self employed) at some point so I can roll my current accounts into a 401K that allows fully self directed investing just for that reason. My current employer is pretty restrictive as to what we can invest in.
    It would be perfect if I could get it moved shortly before the next big correction (which I assume will happen in the next 10-15 years), so I could get out of the market at reasonably good prices, and then get into real estate on its dip shortly after.

Either way, 15 years from now I want to be in a heavier cash flow position than a market one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Today is one of those days you just don't look at the market. Tomorrow it's liable to be up 1,000 points when all the people who sold buy back in at lower prices.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
        Today is one of those days you just don't look at the market. Tomorrow it's liable to be up 1,000 points when all the people who sold buy back in at lower prices.
        Don't hold your breath. Nothing has changed.

Comment

Today was not the bottom. No capitulation.

They may rally hard again (I hope they do). Then I'll start buying PUTS back.

Comment

Fed current rate target is 1.5% and will likely rise to 4% by next year. Mortgage rates (currently at 5.75%) will be 7% to 8% and it is obvious the inflation is not "transitory" in the slightest. I agree there is a ways to go before we hit bottom. Earnings forecasts from public companies are dropping and no longer isolated to big Tech stocks. Buckle up boys and girls!

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
              Fed current rate target is 1.5% and will likely rise to 4% by next year. Mortgage rates (currently at 5.75%) will be 7% to 8% and it is obvious the inflation is not "transitory" in the slightest. I agree there is a ways to go before we hit bottom. Earnings forecasts from public companies are dropping and no longer isolated to big Tech stocks. Buckle up boys and girls!
              And all that spells RECESSION

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post

We are still only down 17% since the 52 week high, so I would be prepared to see it keep going down…

I’m hoping to buy back in when the Dow gets down to around 26,000. We will see if I am patient enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We received a little money a few months ago and are just setting on it waiting. It's not making anything but it's not loosing anything either.

Comment

Comment

Horrible few days for the markets… anyone think we might be near bottom territory?? Are we in store for an additional 10 % drop overall??

Comment

No bottom until FED pivots. I'm 80% sure they won't this time. At least not until Sept/Oct.
                        But by then it will be too late.

It's all a gamble at this point.

But one things for sure...A lot of money is gone out of markets and won't come back until inflation is under control. That can't happen if FED pivots.

May be time to "pay the piper". Been saying since 2008 it will happen once FED is out of magic tricks. This may be it...

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                          No bottom until FED pivots. I'm 80% sure they won't this time. At least not until Sept/Oct.
                          But by then it will be too late.

It's all a gamble at this point.

But one things for sure...A lot of money is gone out of markets and won't come back until inflation is under control. That can't happen if FED pivots.

May be time to "pay the piper". Been saying since 2008 it will happen once FED is out of magic tricks. This may be it...
                          I think it will be years before these losses are gained back. Going to be a stagnant few years.

Comment

Stocks tumbling out of the blocks again today.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                              Horrible few days for the markets… anyone think we might be near bottom territory?? Are we in store for an additional 10 % drop overall??
                              I think another 15-20%.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                                Stocks tumbling out of the blocks again today.
                                I am trying not to look till after 4:30

Comment

Working...
                                X