12v lithium deep cycle batteries for boats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12v lithium deep cycle batteries for boats

Can anybody give me any feedback on these batteries? Which one is the best? I need to get new batteries this year and thinking about going lithium.

Not sure if its universal to all lithium batteries but the ones I looked at require a special charger. The chargers are not real expensive but I like my on board charger. Not sure if you can wire the charger between the batteries and the on board charger or if you can buy an on board multi bank specifically for lithium?

Comment

I ran a Lithium Pro 12V and ended up sending it back because my electronics would die after 4 hours. There was an issue with the computer putting the battery to sleep. They replaced it and I sold it when I got it back. I still run 2x36v Lithium for my trolling motor and never had an issue with those.

My understanding is that they have a newer 12v that will not go to sleep. Might want to look into that. If you do go this route I would also look into the Charge system by PowerPole. One thing to note with Lithiums is you cannot leave them plugged into a charger as it will see a constant feed for a longer period of time and will shut itself down to protect it.

Comment

Look into renogy batteries. I just got a 100AH lithium to run my 12v fridge and recharge stuff while off grid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

i like it

Comment

I run 3 100ah Ionic for trolling motor. MK 460PC charger that has been in use for other style batteries will charge Lithiums without any problems. i can run trolling motor during a 8 hr tournament and still have 94-96% left on batteries. Weight reduction was a big plus also.

Comment

We install Dakota 54 amp/hr. Batteries in quite a few of the new boats we sell. Each battery weighs 17 lbs, and Bass Boat Technologies makes an aluminum tray that holds 2, or stray that holds 3 for either a 24 volt or 36 volt troll motor. So far, had no comebacks. We still recommend a group 31 AGM, for cranking and electronics.

Comment

Working...
              X