When spanking doesn’t work...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When spanking doesn’t work...

Looking for some parental advice here. There are often times comments about unruly children about how that parent needs to take that child for a good whoopin’ and i firmly believe in that strategy too, but i am at my end with my 3yr old daughter. Her behavior at school is awful. She is regularly the worst behaved kid in her daycare class. Over the past 2 weeks my wife and i have both taken time out of our work schedule to go to her daycare and administer spankings at school. One day last week i went 3 times in one day, giving a total of 9 swats. Does not seem to make a difference. We have tried incentives such as treats at the end of the day. The one day she had stellar behavior my wife gave her immense praise as did I and the school staff and my wife took her for ice cream. The next day she had her worst day ever, running from teachers and even kicking one.
    I know if channeled her strong will can lead to superb success later in life. But if we continue to leave this un-checked I’m afraid for her future.

Any other advice or tips? My other 2 went through similar periods but they shaped up quick like and in a hurry when dad showed up to make their behind’s sting. This one seems to have a double dose of her Mama and Daddy’s hardheadedness.

Explain what she does to get in trouble. Does she do the opposite of what she is told?

Comment

Google ODD (oppositional defiant disorder) and do some research.

Going through this with my 6 year old daughter right now and it's tough.

Comment

We've found that taking digital devices away (tablet, xBOX, nintendo,) have been more productive than spankings.

I've also had some success with making the kids do manual labor for a few hours, but at 3 years old, she may be a little young.

Comment

Swatting with your hand don't work. Get a paddle or belt.

Comment

I feel you. My son was the same way when he was little. the only thing I can think of is take her stuff away. If she likes it and enjoys (toys, tv, games) it take it away from her.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
              Ping Pong paddles work great.

Comment

Don't give treats for acting as she should. If an *** busting with a hand don't work, step it up and use a belt. BE CONSISTANT (this is the biggest thing IMO). If *** bustings don't work, take stuff away, put in corner, etc.

Some kids a whipping don't work, you just gotta find what does. But consistently punishing bad behavior is key in my experience, letting something slide cause you are busy or tired and don't want to deal with will just prolong the issue.

Good Luck

Comment

I had my kids explained to me why there going to get spanked before I dusted of there pants. Wooden kitchen spoon works well also.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                    Explain what she does to get in trouble. Does she do the opposite of what she is told?
                    She is disruptive in class, does not listen to directions, will defiant when redirected, ie run away from teachers and even hit or kick.

Originally posted by taco1979 View Post
                    Google ODD (oppositional defiant disorder) and do some research.

Going through this with my 6 year old daughter right now and it's tough.
                    Will do

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	1AEC77E5-9E9D-43FA-B103-C7779FB9FFC3.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	157.1 KB
ID:	24637778

Is this enough paddle for you? We do not use our hand for multiple reasons. She’s also gotten the belt, which usually made my mind up to behave...

Comment

My wife has one of my good friend's son in her kindergarten class. He's going through the same thing. Only thing the kid seems to be scared of is me, and I've never touched him. They've tried whippings and taking stuff away for bad behavior and treats and rewards for good behavior. Nothing seems to be working.

Comment

My 6 yr old was like this when he was younger (minus the kicking of a teacher). He got popped from me and no tv. The no tv is what hurt him the most. He’d be the first to ask for a spanking just so he could watch tv. When I took tv away, the issues at school came to almost a grinding halt. Now, he is very well mannered and hasn’t had a single issue yet this year at school. We also found out he was way more defiant with a specific teacher and the 1 he didn’t like ended up being the same one we didn’t care for either.

Comment

Does she have digital devices? If so....take them away when misbehaving. Kids, these days, are addicted to them.

You have to find what will impact her the most. One of my boys was a tad bit head strong. Living in Wimberley, we had rocks for a lawn....not much grass at all. I knew I had finally found the right punishment when I had him pick up rocks and move them.....afterwards he told me he would prefer a spanking.

She's too young for that kind of labor....but the key is finding what hurts her the most. Clearly, spanking is not it.....and usually isn't for head strong kiddos.

Comment

Only treat I got for being good was that I didn't get my azz lit up. Also, taking things away and spanking isn't an either/or scenario, you can do both. My dad was a big fan of shock and awe when it came to discipline. But I thanked him for it later, because there is no telling how I would have turned out if I'd been allowed to turn feral.

Comment

In addition I would try to find what she enjoys doing the most and take it away or disallow it. My youngest took a stretch of four days of no TV before he started understanding that we mean business and the severity of his actions.

Comment

Working...
                              X