Best AR option for $1k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best AR option for $1k

I have several family members who are wanting to get AR’s. Some for plinking some for hunting. Budget is $1k per person. I have a few AR’s but my knowledge isn’t very deep. Which brands should they be looking at where the can have a nice, accurate gun without exceeding their budgets? Thanks for yalls input

1k incl optics?

Comment

I personally have a Ruger AR that ran me 750 and a diamondback AR that ran me 500. Both are pretty sweet shooting rifles. Only issue with the Diamondback is you have to have the bolt locked to the rear when putting in a full mag or it won’t seat properly when chambering a round and it’ll drop the mag. Haven’t had any issues out of the Ruger. You might look into even doing a build. If you catch sales you could come out even cheaper than a grand and have more money to put towards an optic later on. If you go that round do not skimp on the BCG. That’s the heart of the rifle. Everything else though can be cheap stuff and still operate fairly smoothly

Comment

You can piece them together with quality parts for a little less but complete rifles spend another $200 and get into a BCM. I think Aero precision complete guns are priced around a grand as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

3 months ago I would have said a Colt 6920 at $995 or Colt OEM at about $750. Unfortunately, you are 3 months late to the game. ARs are hard to find right now and the good ones will be at a premium.

You’ll get people claiming Anderson, Aero and PSA. I’ve used them some turned out fine. Some turned out junk. Do you’re own research. I’ll stick to my Colt and BCM.
          Last edited by philcam; 06-09-2020, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruiser View Post
            1k incl optics?
            No, just for the gun.

Comment

Rock River Arms. Start under $1,000 excellent quality.

Comment

My guess is they will not want to put a build together. I will agree, that’s the best route to go to get the best gun for your money. I’ll ask them though. I agree, they are several years late to the game as far as getting a quality gun for a decent price.

Comment

I think i would look hard at the Springfield saint victor

Comment

Rockriver

Originally posted by Leverhunter View Post
                    Rock River Arms. Start under $1,000 excellent quality.
                    X2 you will be happy the way it shoots.

Comment

Larue Ultimate Upper Kit and Larue Lower will come out almost exactly $1000 and is the best quality for the money that I’ve seen.

Comment

Originally posted by ahlongslide View Post
                        Larue Ultimate Upper Kit and Larue Lower will come out almost exactly $1000 and is the best quality for the money that I’ve seen.
                        I have one of these from LaRue and absolutely love it. I honestly
                        Couldn’t remember what I paid for it. I’ll likely point them in this direction. Thanks for the reminder of the pricing. These are great

Comment

If I remember correctly, they are $792 and the lower is $200

Comment

I have had a CMMG, a Savage and a Ruger that all shoot great in that price range. I would also look at the LaRue mentioned above as they make great guns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Larue Kit. Made in Texas and arguably the best equipment on the planet.

Comment

Working...
                              X