2021-22 east texas season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
    in...i will try to update with some hunt county pics as we go. me and TONY are real close to grabbing 230 acres in one of the best river bottoms in ETX, we should know something on it in a few weeks.

good luck fellas...
    Fify [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
      Fify [emoji23]

ha

man its weird deal...a buddy of mine just told me that his uncle owns this place and he doesnt know if anyone is really hunting it. another relative that lives close keeps an eye on it and may be hunting but hes not sure. he says his uncle would love for someone to get some use out of it so i volunteered a couple feeders!

we are supposed to go meet everyone and see whats up with it soon.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
        ha

man its weird deal...a buddy of mine just told me that his uncle owns this place and he doesnt know if anyone is really hunting it. another relative that lives close keeps an eye on it and may be hunting but hes not sure. he says his uncle would love for someone to get some use out of it so i volunteered a couple feeders!

we are supposed to go meet everyone and see whats up with it soon.

Sounds nice!!! Good luck bro

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
          My bucks are looking pretty poor at the moment... I’m feeding 100 lbs of corn/protein a day

I hope this cold spell doesn't prove to be the end of a bunch of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
            If the latest gfs run is right, we are in for a disaster. Not just for the deer either.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
              If the latest gfs run is right, we are in for a disaster. Not just for the deer either.

Ya going to be a mess I’ve put out 300 lbs of feed and bale of alfalfa doing all i can on my end for them. Horns will be off by Tuesday no doubt about it!

Comment

Love these kinds of threads.

I had a great year both on my lease and outside. Took a management 7 and does at the lease and a big 8 with a kicker in south Texas.

Planning to improve upon my food plot this year and make some major set moves. Need to rebuild the legs on my 600 pound protein feeder. Only have a little 300 going now.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post

Ya a massive concern I’m pouring it to them!!

Comment

We filled our feeders last weekend with corn and protein, and put out some minerals. All of the bucks I have on camera are looking healthy, if we definitely want to help them out. We took 2 great bucks, but still have some really nice survivors left for next year. My uncles 150+ 8 was the biggest taken in a long time, it’s going to b tough to beat.

Comment

Deer hammerin the feed today

Comment

In to tag along... you guys shot some great bucks last year!

Comment

Y'all got me worried so I poured out 350lbs of feed and minerals today. This guy made it through the season but haven't seen him in a few weeks. I'd like to keep him close and find his sheds.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Thank God they have had a couple of months to recover from the rut. We decided to feed protein all year, and they seem to have put back on a lot of weight. Hopefully a little extra fat will get them through this cold snap.

Comment

I dumped 100lbs of corn/soybean mix in each of my pens Saturday evening.

Now just gotta keep my fingers crossed.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                                I dumped 100lbs of corn/soybean mix in each of my pens Saturday evening.

Now just gotta keep my fingers crossed.
                                I filled my feeder and turned the three feed times up to 10 seconds each. When I went out there yesterday to take care of this there wasn't a kernel of corn on the ground anywhere. They're HUNGRY.

Comment

Working...
                                X