Air B&B Litigation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TejasNW View Post
    In the long run, would the HOA be better served buying him out and reselling the property to a traditional owner, rather than spending untold legal fees to press a questionable case?

You think they got problems now, try to get 30 other homeowners to agree on how to go about that process!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Why is no one reading the Texas Supreme Court ruling I posted? In Texas period, a hoa/poa cannot stop a person from renting as short term rentals and may have even gone a little further than that.

Comment

We should probably stop the back and forth until we see pictures of this horrible home owner causing all these issues. I'm smelling BS probably around level 7 or 8. I'm sure it's an inconvenience to a couple homes around but highly doubt it's ticking off 30+ other home owners. Why are questions not answered like is it a lake or waterfront property? Why do people choose to rent it so much to hold parties in? And you can't literally block a public road either... Just call LEO if road is blocked.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbad243 View Post
          Why is no one reading the Texas Supreme Court ruling I posted? In Texas period, a hoa/poa cannot stop a person from renting as short term rentals and may have even gone a little further than that.

Because you are misinterpreting the Supreme Court ruling. The ruling was based on the broad language of the HOA restrictions that limited dwellings to single-family and residential purposes. The HOA’s argument was that the short-term rental was a business for multi-family use. The SC ruled against the HOA stating that the home was not a multi-family unit (apartment or duplex) and was being used for residential purposes (living).

HOAs can restrict leases and short term rentals but the covenants and restrictions must be worded very specifically to do so.

Comment

Yep HOA or written City Ordinances. Problem is folks already there will be grandfathered. Everyone bashes HOA that are strict and enforce all rules. But they can prevent this from happening. City Ordinances are also effective. I imagine this house is a large house and has lots of family reunions and family get togethers. They probably stay up late and are outside. It is probably not frat house parties. There are two houses like this on the road I’m renting this one from. They don’t bother me but I don’t mind groups getting together.

Comment

I like a good party. Specially if they have an open bar. What is the address?

Comment

Make the place very difficult and unpleasant for the people staying there. Hopefully they will post bad reviews on the internet.

Maybe nail all the doors to the house shut. Pile garbage up against the front doors. Anything you can think of that you would not like when you show up to a house you rented for a weekend or week, whatever.

Turn the power off to the house, cut the power wires, turn off the water to the house. Fill all of the key holes with super glue, don't ask how I know of that one. I would not do anything that would cost a lot to repair. Just things that would make any guests very unhappy, when they show up.

Comment

I didn't realize how many sorry SOBs we have on here. Vandalizing someone's property because you don't agree with what they are doing on THEIR property.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Has it been determined yet whether this is like a frat party type thing where there are beer bongs and chicks in lingerie running around on the roof, or is is like an extended family getting together, drinking beer and tossing cornhole?

Comment

Pics or didn't happen!

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                        Make the place very difficult and unpleasant for the people staying there. Hopefully they will post bad reviews on the internet.

Maybe nail all the doors to the house shut. Pile garbage up against the front doors. Anything you can think of that you would not like when you show up to a house you rented for a weekend or week, whatever.

Turn the power off to the house, cut the power wires, turn off the water to the house. Fill all of the key holes with super glue, don't ask how I know of that one. I would not do anything that would cost a lot to repair. Just things that would make any guests very unhappy, when they show up.

Here is a better idea. Stay the hell off other peoples property.

Comment

wOW! I am happy you are not my neighbor. Why would you even think like that? I am sure he has cameras.

Comment

Would you like someone going to your place of work, shutting power off, nailing door shut, etc so you can not complete tasks? I like others on here have family to feed and jobs to complete, just like this fella renting his home out.

Comment

Originally posted by bobc View Post
                              Has it been determined yet whether this is like a frat party type thing where there are beer bongs and chicks in lingerie running around on the roof, or is is like an extended family getting together, drinking beer and tossing cornhole?

Families tossing cornhole?? Roll tide!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Sorry you and your neighbors are having to deal with this Kuma. Hopefully y'all find a way to fix the problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X