No announcement yet.

2020/2021 east texas hunting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks... he’s got a g4 not pictured as well as a kicker. They’ll both add up to about another 5 inches.

Comment

Originally posted by ccallarman View Post
      Saw a young 10 point about 10:00 this morning but he wasn’t the one I’m after.

Now that bow season is drawing to an end and I can’t stop the rifle hunters from entering the woods... I’ll share a couple pics of the one I’ve been after.

The wind was 100% perfect for the spot this evening but it has to be that wind direction in the AM for me to hunt the spot because of a scent/thermal issue. Kills me not being in the spot this evening because I know he’s going to walk right by my camera but if I would’ve forced the hunt he would’ve smelled me long before he got to me.

Currently hunting another spot looking for a 20ish inch wide 8 point that only shows up here with this wind direction.

That’s one helluva deer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
        Bump 9 8 year old

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
        Oh he looks delicious! Kill him!!!

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pernell View Post
          Oh he looks delicious! Kill him!!!

Probably about as delicious as a duck [emoji12]

Comment

Well I saw a ton of deer again. 2 mature bucks. Not the deer I was looking for..

Comment

Possibly most deer I’ve ever seen in a day all within 20 yatds

Comment

Lola and I snuck into a THICKET we brushed a blind in on a steep ridge leading to a hay field. Seen 20-25... maybe more. Young bucks going CRAZY. Fights, they destroyed a mock scrape I had in a 40 yard shooting lane. One buck made scrape in our brush on blind. Was throwing dirt everywhere. Does were crashing in at inches. She was shaking sooo bad for an hour I don’t think she could have shot anyway. Lol. Amazing evening without a shot. A new monster has shown up there. He’s the biggest I’ve found all year!!! Daylight last 2 days!!!

Comment

Well I saw a LOT of deer today after sitting for 11.5 hrs. I had a bobcat and a coyote come through as well. Lots of movement all day long. I had a really nice shooter come in at 6pm that I've never seen before. It took me all of 2 seconds to know I was going to shoot him if he gave the chance. He worked his way up a trail and stopped to nibble on a sweet feed pile at 13yds. I had my bow ready and he needed to take 3 more steps before I could draw back. He was very comfortable and it was about to happen. Then the feeder went off.... He scrambled about 25 yds up the trail he came in on and was gone. He came back right at dark with a couple mins left of legal shooting light but I couldn't take an ethical shot on him in such low light conditions. The wind is wrong for that spot in the morning so I'll be moving to the other side of the property and see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                    Probably about as delicious as a duck [emoji12]

Sausage ?

Comment

Made my first hunt of the year looking for a doe and got it done. Hard quartering away shot, put it a little too far forward but it got enough penetration for one lung. Started trailing her after 1.5hr with my oldest girl leading the way picking up spots of blood faster than any of us. We jumped her just over 200 yards in but she crashed again after about 75 yards and was done.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Had two coyotes inside of 100 yards right at prime time. Not a proper recipe for whitetail success.

Lesson I learned tonight: don’t try to mouth squeak at a coyote 80 yards away going the opposite direction because he’ll then circle you & start calling to all of his buddies to come help him find whatever it was that was “dying”

Of course, this all was happening as I was trying to start my 600+ yard walk back to the buggy. Guess that was their way of taunting me for hunting on Halloween with a full moon.

Comment

Originally posted by Pernell View Post
                          I got on this deer lease 5 years ago, I started managing it four years ago. With a lot of hard work and some awesome members that are willing to let deer get old, I killed a really good deer yesterday. we have a lot of history with this particular deer, last year we thought he was six years old and scored around 160. We decided to give him one more year to see what he would do. I've been hunting this deer since October 1st, he was 7 years old scored 171 3/8 weighed 205.

Nice, that's a Brute, Congrats

Comment

My son finally gave in on shooting a doe as a first archery deer last night. He never did see that buck I saw yesterday.

I ended up seeing 5 different bucks and 3 does. The bucks were alone and just grazed thru the woods.

Exactly 9 years to the day he killed his first deer ever and last night he shoots first archery deer

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                              My son finally gave in on shooting a doe as a first archery deer last night. He never did see that buck I saw yesterday.

I ended up seeing 5 different bucks and 3 does. The bucks were alone and just grazed thru the woods.

Exactly 9 years to the day he killed his first deer ever and last night he shoots first archery deer

Congrats and Smile Shane!

Comment

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post
                                Congrats and Smile Shane!

Lol.

We had the phone propped up on the gut bucket and set on delay. It's a wonder our mouths aren't open or we look high

Comment

Working...
                                X