Engine code P0300?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine code P0300?

My truck started throwing a P0300 code. Random Misfire. Y'all have any idea what to look at on this? 2013 Silverado with a 4.8

Chevrolet code P0300 indicates that one or more cylinders are experiencing misfires. A misfire occurs when an insufficient amount of fuel is burning in a cylinder. ... When P0300 occurs it should be fixed immediately as long term driving with engine misfires could cause consequential damage to the engine in Your Gm vehicle.

I found this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bro. Bill View Post
      Chevrolet code P0300 indicates that one or more cylinders are experiencing misfires. A misfire occurs when an insufficient amount of fuel is burning in a cylinder. ... When P0300 occurs it should be fixed immediately as long term driving with engine misfires could cause consequential damage to the engine in Your Gm vehicle.

I found this.
      Thanks. I'm going to throw some plugs and wires on it. I bought this used and don't know if they have been changed before. I'm also going to change the MAF because I've seen a lot of codes thrown because of a bad MAF.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
        Thanks. I'm going to throw some plugs and wires on it. I bought this used and don't know if they have been changed before. I'm also going to change the MAF because I've seen a lot of codes thrown because of a bad MAF.

Two vehicles same code and MAF fixed it. Try the cleaner first sometimes the sensor post gets a little gummy and just needs a cleaning. If you do replace don’t get the cheap one from Amazon. Get OEM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Try disconnecting the battery, let sit for 5 minutes or an hour, and reconnect. Sometimes it just takes a reset. It may just be a one off engine code from bad fuel or something. Usually these clear themselves within a couple hundred miles.

Comment

if it is truly random and the truck seems to run OK, clean the MAF meter and install a new air filter to see if that fixes it ( try the cheap and easy stuff first)

Comment

Could be a O2 sensor.

Comment

Originally posted by erikm1981 View Post
                Two vehicles same code and MAF fixed it. Try the cleaner first sometimes the sensor post gets a little gummy and just needs a cleaning. If you do replace don’t get the cheap one from Amazon. Get OEM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Originally posted by easeup View Post
                if it is truly random and the truck seems to run OK, clean the MAF meter and install a new air filter to see if that fixes it ( try the cheap and easy stuff first)
                I've tried cleaning MAF's before. They would be OK for a couple of months and then start acting up again. I just replace them now.
                Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                Try disconnecting the battery, let sit for 5 minutes or an hour, and reconnect. Sometimes it just takes a reset. It may just be a one off engine code from bad fuel or something. Usually these clear themselves within a couple hundred miles.
                I think bad gas started this whole mess. This tank full has seemed to run a little funny.

Comment

Run some seafoam through the engine and through the gas tank. Can’t hurt. Have had good luck with it.

Comment

I think bad gas started this whole mess. This tank full has seemed to run a little funny.
                    If this is the case, get good gas in it, run it for a bit, and I bet it clears itself. Put 93 octane in for one tank just to make up for the bad gas.

Wasn't a Bucees by chance, was it? I've gotten more bad gasoline from Bucees than most other places.

Comment

Clean the MAF and then check the coil pack associated with that cylinder. Could also be a plug wire

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                        If this is the case, get good gas in it, run it for a bit, and I bet it clears itself. Put 93 octane in for one tank just to make up for the bad gas.

Wasn't a Bucees by chance, was it? I've gotten more bad gasoline from Bucees than most other places.
                        This was from Kroger.
                        Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                        Clean the MAF and then check the coil pack associated with that cylinder. Could also be a plug wire
                        It is a random misfire, not a single cylinder.

I changed plugs, wires and MAF. We'll see what happens. So far so good.

Comment

It is a good thing that it’s a random cylinder. This typically points towards a sensor or fuel as being the culprit. If it was always on a certain cylinder then that points more towards a fuel injector, ignition coil, spark plug, or something much bigger and more expensive inside the engine(camshaft or a lifter).

Comment

Well, I got gas this morning (different station) and put a can of Seafoam in the tank. Yesterday I changed plugs and wires which I think were factory. They were pretty bad. The actual fix (in my mind) was replacing the MAF sensor. That durn thing will throw some of the strangest codes that are not related to itself. Ran 20 highway miles this morning and so far so good.

Comment

Well, I got gas this morning (different station) and put a can of Seafoam in the tank. Yesterday I changed plugs and wires which I think were factory. They were pretty bad. The actual fix (in my mind) was replacing the MAF sensor. That durn thing will throw some of the strangest codes that are not related to itself. Ran 20 highway miles this morning and so far so good.
                              YESS!!!!!! jhx for update

Comment

Working...
                              X