So frustrated....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So frustrated....

I shot the biggest buck of my life this morning at 14-15 yards and was perfect broadside. I hit a few inches high above the heart but thought it was a solid hit. I did not see any blood when he ran off, no blood on the ground, and no blood on my broken arrow.

I shoot 31 inch victory carbon trads with 250 gn VPA 3 blade broadhead and about 10 inches of the arrow is missing...no blood anywhere. Not even where I found the broken arrow. Extremely frustrating. Never had this happen before.

Im going to call some trackers to see if they can help but we are next to a 50K acre ranch and not sure we can get access to it so that will be a bummer. Will of course call and ask for permission.

Im just frustrated about no blood anywhere
    Last edited by BeardedAg08; 11-26-2021, 10:52 AM.

Good luck, hope you find him

Comment

Good luck. If you are getting a dog, I would recommend staying out of the area.

Comment

Check in front and behind where you think he was standing. Go slower than you think. If bringing a dog don’t stink it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Pstraw View Post
          Good luck. If you are getting a dog, I would recommend staying out of the area.
          This….. Good luck

Comment

I’m in the same dang boat right now. Not a monster buck but I can’t lose a deer. It kills me to do so. No blood just small pieces of meat on the ground at POI

Comment

Seeing if picture posted....
              Attached Files

Comment

That sucks. Hope you find him

Comment

You would think that big broadhead would do plenty of damage, good luck!

Comment

No luck. Have looked everywhere....How can there be no drop of blood? Anybody have this happen before?

Comment

I killed a buck in Missouri with a rifle. No blood trail. Couldn't see any blood on him, the ground under him, no bullet hole. Figured I hit close enough to scare him to death. Heart attack. Glad he oy traveled 35 yards.
                      That arrow should have gotten enough penetration to kill him. Question is did it hit vitals.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Internal organ may have plugged him
                        Too much velocity when it hit
                        Missed every vital somehow
                        Who knows, I dont...
                        Sorry for your luck. I've had the same. I only shoot crossbows now and haven't lost one.... yet

Comment

Have you tried looking in the opposite direction, sometimes they circle back out of sight just after the shot.

Comment

Sorry for your luck but if you hit where you think you did he’s dead. High hits suck cause there ain’t no blood for a ways. If it hit where you think don’t give up. Good luck!

Comment

A blood trailing dog will find him if he’s dead. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                              X