Great story about a Texas Football Legend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great story about a Texas Football Legend

Good friend of mine Todd Dodge is retiring after legendary careers as a player and coach. TD's family moved to Longview after our JR year. I was the starting QB and was relieved to find out that he intended to finish his career at Port Arthur Jefferson. We worked out a lot that summer, became friends and still play a little golf together. Anyway for all you high school football fans, this is a great read.

With more than 200 wins and six Texas state championships to his name, Dodge will retire at season's end. Right after he leads one last push for a title.

Great guy from a good family.

Comment

Great story!

Comment

Thanks for posting this! As a UT fan and someone who now lives in SE Texas it was a great read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great article

I watched Todd Dodge at UT when I was a growing up.
          Great memories!
          Great Dude!

Comment

His dad was the pastor at a Methodist Church in West Orange, he almost was a WO-S Mustang instead of a Thomas Jefferson Yellowjacket!

Comment

He coached my son's at Southlake, his on is pretty good friends with mine, great family.

Comment

Originally posted by marshman View Post
                His dad was the pastor at a Methodist Church in West Orange, he almost was a WO-S Mustang instead of a Thomas Jefferson Yellowjacket!
                Yes sir his family moved to Longview because his dad was a pastor.

Comment

Good stuff

Comment

Great read thanks for sharing. I remember watching Riley on tv puke thru that face mask then throw that TD, savage move for a kid, loved it!

Comment

Good people for sure. My wife and I were out to dinner near Horseshoe Bay couple of years ago and their whole family was there. I noticed Todd and his son as we were sitting next to them. We stuck up a conversation and when we told them we were Lake Travis fans (Westlake biggest rival) it was awesome. We kidded each other and they talked to us like we were friends instead of strangers.

Comment

Yes sir, that is an epic rivalry.

Comment

Thanks for sharing. Great read.

Comment

That's a great read. I did not realize his family had lived in Longview.

Comment

Cool story. Great family heritage.

Comment

Working...
                              X