Lake LBJ or Lake Hamilton??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lake LBJ or Lake Hamilton??

I know it’s specific, but each lake is about the same drive for me. We’re looking to make a four night trip late July to one of the two. We will be carrying our pontoon. Would like to make a guided trip for my boy and I to either Ouachita or Buchanan or LBJ one of the days. Anyone have experience on each and prefer one over the other? The lakes in the title are the options for where we would stay, but we would be open to trailering to surrounding lakes.

Thanks

Hamilton all day for me.

Comment

Hamilton. I love the climate and scenery

Comment

LBJ
        then you can trailer to Buchanan, Inks, Marble Falls, or Travis if any of those interest you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

LBJ will be full of water skiers and water fleas and booze cruisers. That being said, it's constant level so it should be easy at the boat ramp. Plenty of places to stay and keep your boat on the water while you're there.

No experience with Hamilton.

Comment

No Hamilton- it will be a madhouse, go to Ouachita- find an island and have your own party. Mountain Harbor/Joplin area. Or Brady Mountain.

Comment

Or just camping and having fun, Catherine's Landing in Hot Springs on the Ouachita river/Lake Catherine., You can still boat and fish, just not as "fishy". Growing up I squirrel hunted that area, my parents still live on a bordering property.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                No Hamilton- it will be a madhouse, go to Ouachita- find an island and have your own party. Mountain Harbor/Joplin area. Or Brady Mountain.
                Wanting a waterfront home. That rules out Ouachita correct?

Comment

Hamilton is nasty and crowded.

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
                    Hamilton. I love the climate and scenery
                    You been on both?

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                      Hamilton all day for me.
                      Have you been to both?

Comment

You wouldn’t believe how crowed LBJ is.

Comment

On Quachita you can find some rentals on the water but you have have to dock your boat away from your cabin. Only place we’ve had our on private boat house was at Mt. Harbor at the original Harbor House. It’s an OLDER double wide but it fit our week of stay perfectly. Stay on water all day and come in late eve and cook or grill whatever we wanted. Looking forward to going back, hopefully we’ll go back next year. Quachita has ALWAYS been our go to lake over Hamilton. We normally take an afternoon up to Hamilton though and ride the river up to the Quachita dam. Water will be quite a bit cooler!!!

Comment

They’re both gonna be crowded as hell!! Quachita is a short drive from Hamilton. I would stay at Hamilton and fish quachita. It’s got good striper and crappie fishing. Eat at the Ohio club and red oak filling station! Red oak has walleye

Comment

Ouachita with an "O".

Comment

Working...
                              X