2.5 hour drive to lease. Pros and Cons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2.5 hour drive to lease. Pros and Cons

What do you think? Too far or too close?

I drive about 4.

I think 2.5 would be nice because it’s closer, but still far enough to justify staying for a weekend and not coming home after the hunt.

Comment

For real? Closest drive I’ve ever had is 2 hours. 2.5 is nothing

Comment

I think its perfect. Close enough to make day trips to do work, but far enough away that if feels like you are going somewhere to get away. That's my drive right now and I enjoy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Lease

I drive 5 hours.

Comment

I drive 3. Easy peasy.

Comment

The closer the better! More time hunting less time driving! 2-3 hours is perfect in my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
                What do you think? Too far or too close?

I drive 8.5 to 9 HRs to my place 8 to 10 times a year. With that being said I would jump all over a place 2.5hrs away.

It’s an event every time I go to my place with having to schedule a trip months in advance so I can make sure I have someone to go with me.

Comment

Last year i was driving about 3.4 hours to reach my lease so 2 is nothing. Definitely take it

Comment

Our lease is right at 6 hours away. We make it about 5-6 weekends with one of those being a long one. Next year I have a couple long weekends planned and I’m taking a week off to hunt in that area. 2.5 hours would be a piece of cake!

Comment

1.5 hours from home to my deer stand. I go a LOT. It’s awesome. You should try it.

Comment

That is the perfect distance to drive to a hunting location. Far enough away to have to stay but close enough to just up and go on a friday afternoon and hunt all weekend

Comment

1.5 from my house to my camper. but used to have a duck lease that was 5 hours away.

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post
                            Our lease is right at 6 hours away. We make it about 5-6 weekends with one of those being a long one. Next year I have a couple long weekends planned and I’m taking a week off to hunt in that area. 2.5 hours would be a piece of cake!
                            Says the man who flys all over the world hunting world class animals. 2.5 is a piece of cake. If you have the opportunity jump on it, because you can bet your tail someone would be willing to pay more than you and drive further just to secure a lease

Comment

Sounds about right to me. I drive about 6.5 now so I have to plan it out in advance. I used to have a lease an hour away and I spent way too much time there. My fishing suffered.

Comment

Working...
                              X