Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

POLL: Would you take this lease deal?

Here's the deal.

Been looking for a long term lease. Was contacted by a guy who owns land in Texas, but lives in New York. He stated that a year ago he purchased 40 acres in a remote location. This piece of land is in some of the best deer country I've ever seen. It is completely surrounded on all four sides by a large ranch, but a ranch road does drive thru the property and thru the 40 acres.
    The landowner stated that his intentions are in the future (4-6 years out) to build a small "off-the-grid" cabin on the land to use as a get-away a week or two each year. He offered to lease the land to me for 3 years if I would establish the right-of-way access thru the other ranch and use it to travel to and from the property as I feed and hunt it throughout the 3 years. All of this information has checked out at the courthouse with deeds, tax records, and location. I have been in contact with the local game warden who stated that access would not be trespassing if I used the ranch road to get to and from the 40 acres and I had a lease with the landowner.

Here's my dilemma.... I'm in law enforcement and don't want to get into beef with anyone, especially over something like hunting. I don't get many days per year to go out and when I do, I don't want drama or stress. BUT I have seen many photos of deer taken close to this place and they are true trophy quality. Much larger than anything I've ever had an opportunity at. I'm not too keen on hunting on just 40 acres, but the daydreams of what could come out are very powerful and tempting.

What would you do and why?
    Would you take the lease? YES or NO

For some reason my option to add a poll is not here...Would an ADMIN please add a "YES" or "NO" poll?
    Last edited by TXBRASS; 02-08-2018, 05:22 PM.

Not me, too small.

Comment

Depends on price

Comment

Is he wanting any payment or am I understanding correctly he just wants you to use the place until he can get himself established there?

Comment

depends on price and location (how far from you)

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
              Depends on price
              DIRT CHEAP.... Like the surrounding leases are a ribeye and lobster dinner and this lease is a bag of peanuts...that's expired....

Comment

Yes

Comment

be careful dealing with yankees,THEY DON'T THINK LIKE US

Comment

Hell yes. What’s there to lose If that cheap?

Comment

Yes, but unless I had good relations with the neighbors I would probably just gun hunt it.

Comment

My current "lease" is a friend's 80 ac but only about 50 ac is brush so I'm hunting a small place. Last few years I hunted two places in Wimberley--82 ac and 37 ac, so 40 doesn't sound all that little to me for bow hunting. If it is handy to home and is in good deer country and the price isn't outrageous I'd probably say yes. Pay with PayPal and if something goes south you can get your $$$ back maybe?

Comment

I was on a small 40A lease once anThe fst year was ok then next all the way around perimiter about ever150yds a stand and feeder popped up...Then it sucked

Comment

I'd be all over it!

Comment

Yep.

Comment

Working...
                              X