Breaking the Snuff Habit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breaking the Snuff Habit

Right at 40 hours without a dip of snuff. So far, not too bad. Chewing a lot of gum though.

Congrats! Hang in there! My crutch was sunflower seeds...then atomic fireballs! Tore up my gums...but worked!

Comment

I quit Jan 1. One of the hardest things I've done. Hang in there.

Comment

Congrats in making the decision! I made it 2.5 years ago and haven't looked back! Keep up the good work! You CAN do it!

Comment

I'm lucky cause the one and only time I tried it in high school it made me sick as a dog. Never touched it since.

Comment

Quit right after college 12 years ago, dont miss it at all!

Comment

keep it up. I quit 4 years ago after 30 years. Don't look back
              KillTheCan.org is dedicated to helping people quit smokeless tobacco. Quit dipping, chewing, vaping and smoking today!

How long have you been quit?
              1673 Days Free
              How much have you saved?
              $8365.00 Saved
              Last edited by jlptexashunter; 09-26-2016, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Good luck never dipped. But I smoked like a train 15 years ago.

Comment

I can't kick it I did good for a little while but hunting season gets me every time

Comment

Nice! I'm a year free because of the GS, keep it up dude, you're doing the right thing for yourself, family, etc.

Comment

Great decision. I used to dip between 1.5 to 2 cans of cope a day for nearly 20 years. I quit February 12, 2010. Have not had a hint of nicotine since.
                      It was the hardest thing I ever did in my life, but I'm so glad I quit. I don't miss it anymore.
                      It took me 3 serious quit attempts (over a year each) to finally get this important fact:
                      You're either ALL IN, or ALL OUT. There is no, "I'll cut back, "I'll only do it when I go hunting" BS. You cannot ever do it again or you'll be a full blown addict again within days.
                      Stick with your quit effort. Its the greatest gift you can give yourself - be free of an addiction.

Comment

Go to www.quitsmokeless.org and create a user name and make yourself accountable to other guys who are in the same boat as you. It helped me. Read the various articles on that site for support.

Comment

[emoji106]Keep your head high and think positive!! You CAN quit!

Comment

Dipped for 24 years and quit back in April. I don't even have the urge to do it anymore.

Comment

I still pick up a can of smokey mountain herbal snuff every now and then. But I know I will never pick up the real stuff again.

Keep after it!

Comment

Working...
                              X