Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 11-30-2021, 08:08 PM   #1201
kevin nicholls
Ten Point

Hunt In: Who knows

Lots of pompano and a bunch of trout. You gotta love November. Good work guys.
kevin nicholls is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-30-2021, 08:17 PM   #1202
Full Throttle
Eight Point

Hunt In: Woodson, TX & Burneyville, OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Glenn View Post
It was really good today in my neck of the woods. I have not fished in several days and wasn't booked today so I went and looked around a little. Got out of the house, after a few days at home I have to get out and go do something. It was crazy good today. The first stop I caught 10 trout from 16-19" in about as many casts. Fishing a plum/chart 4" Bass Assassin paddle tail. The recent cold piled the fish up. I saw a few birds milling around and moved about 200 yards and caught another doz or so trout. Moved a half mile and caught another 10-12 trout. That was by 8am this morning. Moved another couple miles to see if I could pick up a redfish or two. I switched up to a gulp and cork and started working a dropoff down a shoreline. I caught trout, trout and more trout. Then I decided to go take a longer look around and made a longer run. I hit a flock of birds and caught 2 reds and 3 trout out from under them on a hot pink 5" Bass Assassin jerk bait. Best trout of the day at 24". I hit a few more groups of birds working and popped a fish here and there mainly on the gulp and cork. I ended up catching fish at every stop.

I didn't take a bunch of pics and released all the fish except for a couple for dinner tomorrow night.

Nice report Glenn. Had I known things were heating up that good, I woulda booked a house for this weekend in Matty instead of Seadrift lol. Hauling the boat down Thursday, hoping we can find some similar success! Thanks for posting up your results from the day
Full Throttle is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-30-2021, 08:20 PM   #1203
Capt Glenn
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackerbox View Post
Dang, I would have paid for scouting fuel AND washed the boat

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Well, I was drinking coffee this morning as my wife and son were getting ready to go to school and I thought hmmm, might go catch a fish this morning. That's about as far in advance as I thought on it.
Capt Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-30-2021, 08:24 PM   #1204
Quackerbox
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Glenn View Post
Well, I was drinking coffee this morning as my wife and son were getting ready to go to school and I thought hmmm, might go catch a fish this morning. That's about as far in advance as I thought on it.
Been there done that

Quackerbox is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-30-2021, 08:25 PM   #1205
Capt Glenn
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Throttle View Post
Nice report Glenn. Had I known things were heating up that good, I woulda booked a house for this weekend in Matty instead of Seadrift lol. Hauling the boat down Thursday, hoping we can find some similar success! Thanks for posting up your results from the day
Thanks. I can't see why it would be any different in POC. The falling tide in the morning is pulling shrimp out off the shorelines and out of the marsh and they fish are on 'em. I think we'll have a couple more weeks of it before the shrimp are pretty much gone and they all have to get back on mullet. Whatever routes the shrimp use to migrate out of the bay down there ought to have fish. The fish i cleaned today were packed full of shrimp.
Old 11-30-2021, 08:28 PM   #1206
Kingfisher789
Ten Point

Hunt In: Tivydale. Nix. Brownwood

I want to go....are they in the intercostal near Aransas Pass?
Kingfisher789 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-30-2021, 08:33 PM   #1207
kevin nicholls
Ten Point

I believe you're right Capt about the shrimp sticking around a couple more weeks, last weekend I was really far back in the marsh and there was still a lot of them back there. I'm talking more than 3 miles back off the ICW. Funny thing was the reds were full of shrimp but the trout had pinfish in em. All caught in the same area.
Old 11-30-2021, 11:10 PM   #1208
Man
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx

Glen, is that a custom nylon/carbon weaved handle rod? (phone is a little blurry i may be seeing it wrong)
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-01-2021, 12:52 AM   #1209
Capt Glenn
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
Glen, is that a custom nylon/carbon weaved handle rod? (phone is a little blurry i may be seeing it wrong)
Yeah, it's carbon fiber. It's a custom rod build by a local guy who builds great rods. Crow Series Rods.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 12-01-2021, 06:05 AM   #1210
fish4food
Ten Point

Got my but handed to me Monday Morning. Didnít think it was as cool as it was. Left the house wearing under armpit cold gear leggings, shorts, and a fishing shirt. Luckily I had a wind breaker in my truck. Once the waders wrapped around my leg in waist deep water I got COLD!

Same general area Iíve been going to just a bit further out the drain. Clean water, outgoing tide. No bait activity until about 0845. Didnít catch but 1 sand trout, and 1 red about 32Ē.

Wife wanted to fish yesterday evening. Was working OT, but figured wifey doesnít ask to fish often enough, so I called it early and away we went. Had the last hour half of day light to fish. I ended up with 12 trout, most being 13-16Ē. Kept the 3 biggest at 16-19. She had 8-10 trout most were dinkís as mine. I was fishing a dark rat tail and she had a light paddle tail. I was fishing aggressively in the upper water column, she was bouncing it off the bottom.
Attached Images

fish4food is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-01-2021, 01:25 PM   #1211
Man
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx

Guys I need yalls help. I'm looking for someone that fits this particular profile and need to know if any of you personally know "this person"?
A teenager who loves to fish. Does both salt and fresh, but majority fresh. Uses every opportunity that opens up to run down to the waterline and wet a line. 2 times a week at least. Just as passionate about soaking stinkbait for catfish as they are chunking a senko for a bass. Spends every waking moment thinking about fishing and grinds it all out using a low end wal-mart grade tackle and gear. If you know someone that fits this profile please shoot me a PM.

Odd request: Yes

Does this sound like every teen: Yes, but hoping to find one or two needles in the haystack.

Thanks in advance.
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-01-2021, 03:24 PM   #1212
justletmein
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Public lands

Anybody know the water temp in the surf out there in POC? My big kid is toying with chasing some Sandbar sharks once they come in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish4food View Post
Got my but handed to me Monday Morning. Didnít think it was as cool as it was. Left the house wearing under armpit cold gear leggings, shorts, and a fishing shirt. Luckily I had a wind breaker in my truck. Once the waders wrapped around my leg in waist deep water I got COLD!

Same general area Iíve been going to just a bit further out the drain. Clean water, outgoing tide. No bait activity until about 0845. Didnít catch but 1 sand trout, and 1 red about 32Ē.

Wife wanted to fish yesterday evening. Was working OT, but figured wifey doesnít ask to fish often enough, so I called it early and away we went. Had the last hour half of day light to fish. I ended up with 12 trout, most being 13-16Ē. Kept the 3 biggest at 16-19. She had 8-10 trout most were dinkís as mine. I was fishing a dark rat tail and she had a light paddle tail. I was fishing aggressively in the upper water column, she was bouncing it off the bottom.
You're definitely getting on them, we're trying to get down this weekend to pickup the tires from you and maybe find a few fish as well. My boat starter and new perko switch arrived today and now I've developed some sort of shifting issue that doesn't appear to be linkage but I'm confident I'll get that all squared away. Oh we had a bald/burned up tire when we got back too. That last trip was a mother!

Quote:
Guys I need yalls help. I'm looking for someone that fits this particular profile and need to know if any of you personally know "this person"?
A teenager who loves to fish. Does both salt and fresh, but majority fresh. Uses every opportunity that opens up to run down to the waterline and wet a line. 2 times a week at least. Just as passionate about soaking stinkbait for catfish as they are chunking a senko for a bass. Spends every waking moment thinking about fishing and grinds it all out using a low end wal-mart grade tackle and gear. If you know someone that fits this profile please shoot me a PM.

Does this sound like every teen: Yes, but hoping to find one or two needles in the haystack.

Thanks in advance.
If I shave my beard you can take me fishing.
justletmein is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-01-2021, 05:30 PM   #1213
Hollywood
Ten Point

Hunt In: Dimmit, Live Oak, Duval

It was 62 deg. just inside Pass Calvallo Sunday.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-01-2021, 06:01 PM   #1214
justletmein
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
It was 62 deg. just inside Pass Calvallo Sunday.
I think it's cold enough for the Sandbars then, thanks!
Old 12-01-2021, 07:01 PM   #1215
glen
Pope & Young

Hunt In: anywhere

This Saturday is looking good on PINS if the weather predictions hold. If you have kids and want to catch great eating fish it’s time for some dead shrimp and FishBites on a fish finder rig and wear the pomp’s out. Easy relaxing fishing.
glen is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-01-2021, 07:24 PM   #1216
Flex
Ten Point

Hunt In: The Bushes

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen View Post
This Saturday is looking good on PINS if the weather predictions hold. If you have kids and want to catch great eating fish itís time for some dead shrimp and FishBites on a fish finder rig and wear the pompís out. Easy relaxing fishing.
How is it around Christmas?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Flex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-01-2021, 08:26 PM   #1217
glen
Pope & Young

If the surf is calm and clear. Not sure the temp of water but figure as long as it’s above 65 or so should be good
Old 12-02-2021, 06:25 AM   #1218
fish4food
Ten Point

Wife wanted to fish again after the other trip.

She ended up with about 20 dinkís and 2 in the slot. I had about 30 and 4 in the slot.
Most all were 10-15Ē. The keepers were 16-17Ē. She lost a good one maybe 18-20Ē as soon as we got in the water.

Tide was going in. Tons of bait. Stayed till after dark. Bite died down around 1830.
Attached Images

Old 12-02-2021, 11:12 AM   #1219
fish4food
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mayhem, in the spirit of Christmas, have any holiday themed fish pictures?
Old 12-02-2021, 11:14 AM   #1220
Mayhem
Pope & Young

Hunt In: crockett, county

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish4food View Post
Mayhem, in the spirit of Christmas, have any holiday themed fish pictures?

Bro you going way back. We havenít done those pics in a while. Had to stop when we got inundated with dude pics. Some equally opportunity stuff.

Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-02-2021, 12:38 PM   #1221
fish4food
Ten Point

Dad gum! What’s this world coming to!
Old 12-02-2021, 01:23 PM   #1222
glen
Pope & Young

Let’s see some more double spotted redfish
Old 12-02-2021, 01:50 PM   #1223
justletmein
Pope & Young

Yeah think it may be time to try again lol
Old 12-02-2021, 02:30 PM   #1224
kevin nicholls
Ten Point

There's a redfish in that picture????
Old 12-02-2021, 03:40 PM   #1225
Flex
Ten Point

May have found an old 115 Evinrude. Anybody happen to know of a set of old red plug controls sitting around? The few I see on ebay are higher than Z Ro in concert in 2004.
Old 12-02-2021, 04:18 PM   #1226
Slew
Pope & Young

Hunt In: nowhere close to home

Saltwater perch thread was way better with wimmin boob pics!!
Slew is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-02-2021, 04:31 PM   #1227
glen
Pope & Young

Went and fished a sandy drain for about 2 hours. Trout are on a shrimp pattern. Caught about 50 fish about 1/2 keepers. No big fish. Measured one at 18
Attached Images

Old 12-02-2021, 04:32 PM   #1228
glen
Pope & Young

DOA under a popping cork was the ticket. It was every cast and the Chic on Chain caught as well but not as fast- Didn’t not want mullet baits - Caught one sand trout that I measured and was barely shy of 17

Last edited by glen; 12-02-2021 at 04:34 PM.
Old 12-02-2021, 04:50 PM   #1229
Mayhem
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by justletmein View Post
Yeah think it may be time to try again lol

We might revisit after the first of the year.

Old 12-03-2021, 07:34 AM   #1230
Flex
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen View Post
Went and fished a sandy drain for about 2 hours. Trout are on a shrimp pattern. Caught about 50 fish about 1/2 keepers. No big fish. Measured one at 18
I may have to get my life in order and make a trip south over christmas. That pic of the trout in the water got my motor running!

Nice catches.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Old 12-03-2021, 12:12 PM   #1231
glen
Pope & Young

Anyone in Rockport area want to go about 1 today holler. Just bring ice if you want to box anything
Old 12-03-2021, 12:34 PM   #1232
fish4food
Ten Point

^^^Would take you up on that offer sir, but Iíve got something going on at 1400.

Made a quick trip this morning with the wife. She had trouble waking up.
Got in the water around 0730, out at 0900.

Tide was WAY out and ripping through a cut. Standing in shin deep water, casting into cut about waist deep. I caught about 15, she caught about 10. Most were 15-16. She caught 1 that was bout 18Ē.

Planning a fish fry so we started keeping a few.
Attached Images

Old 12-06-2021, 07:50 AM   #1233
Full Throttle
Eight Point

Default 2021 Salty H20 Fishing Thread Part II

Drove 6 hours to fish poc area Thursday-Saturday w a buddy. My middle son Ryan didnít have class at A&M Friday so he drove down to fish as well. Thursday afternoon we got out there around 2:30 which was the tail end of a falling tide. Waded a reef that usually has fish on it this time of year. Caught 2 keepers and a handful of throwbacks.

Thursday morning we found em thick and boxed our 3 man limit in pretty short order on variety of paddle tails. DSL White ice probably pulled in the most.

This is where the trip went south. After lunch we headed 10 miles across the bay to search for reds. About 3/4 of the way there, we blew the lower unit on my boat somehow. After trolling back for 2-3 hours and the sun fading fast, I finally swallowed some pride and flagged down a commercial fisherman for help and got a tow the rest of the way back.

Saturday we used the trolling motor to go out a mile or so to wade a few nearby reefs but not much biting. Only caught a handful of throwbacks.

Good times on the beautiful Texas coast!

Last edited by Full Throttle; 12-06-2021 at 07:55 AM.
Old 12-06-2021, 10:08 AM   #1234
fish4food
Ten Point

Fished the 4th with the wife. Again took a bit longer to wake up. Got to the area we wanted to fish, and someone was there. We fished around him and caught a few dinkís. He was wearing them out.
We walked behind him to go into the slew that was draining, and he waived us in. I politely declined and thanked him. We moved in and didnít catch anything. He finally packed up and moved out, so we got in there behind him.
Caught maybe 20 between the 2 of us, most being 13-16Ē. I released a limit cause Iím tired of cleaning fish. Well wife finally landed a keeper and strings it. Dang it. Only caught 2 more keepers after that.
Had a dang sting ray follow me around while wading. Tried moving it off with my rod, itís go away, then circle back to me.

Fished yesterday morning with a buddy on his boat. First spot we fished was a flat with a gut that tapered off. Wife caught 3 dink flounder. Nothing else. Moved to another place further into the bay. Drifted across a large flat and started catching redfish. Boat landed 10-15. I only caught 2 and lost 2. Wife caught 5-6. Buddy and his wife the rest. Kept 4.
Attached Images

Old 12-06-2021, 10:23 AM   #1235
DUKFVR
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young County & Anywhere A Duck Flies!

Congrats Everyone! Nice fish!
DUKFVR is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-06-2021, 11:39 AM   #1236
AtTheWall
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Kerr County - Gillespie County

Pompano are making a show along PINS right now.

Glen and I have been making a few runs, when I can do so, and at the top of last week - surf water temp at 72 degrees the day after the winds shifted from NE to SE with 1ft surf - clear water conditions with the nearshore wade gut, running South to North (reversed from the NE pattern) = POMP WINDOW!

Glen caught a solid Pomp window on Monday last week.

Saturday - we rolled PINs - tide was 1.2ft lower than normal at low - water was way out. This sets up good driving to the zone we have been working 20(s) Little to Big Shell transition with shell, ghost shrimp breathing holes in the sand and coquina clams and shorebirds who eat them.

Then the job of reading the surf and finding the holes between the wade gut and out the the 3rd bar with a rip, working the Southern side of these holes, the outflow - setup just to the North of the outflow and find a zone in the near breakers that show a hole - water that is at least a half foot or more deeper than the sandbar on the south side where the rip is running against breakers.

The setup location is so tight, Glen and I stopped at our last place for the day. I was parked 10 yards to Glen's south, on the rip tide current outflow - Glen had two rods 20 yards to my North. He hammered Pomps and I had nothing. Moved 40 yards to my North above Glen - POMPS.

Just a few yards - staring at the surf and sand - you really have to work sections in areas - where these fish are feeding and holding in little pockets between the bars and cuts.

Glen was wading out to his neck to the 2nd bar and dumping shrimp/ Fishbite combos on his leaders (spinning rod helps lob and not knock off the hooked dead shrimp on the toss).

I was casting long rods and could hit the 3rd standing on the 1st - but those long bombed cast blew the shrimp off literally every cast and the few that did make the ride out there, picked up black drum and pomps. So I stopped using shrimp and simply went colored Fishbites with colored hook floats, #4 Owner light wire circle hooks (tandem drop rig) using 3 - 4 oz spider weights.

Without the Spiderweight, the current and seaweed would blow up a leader with junk and pomp will not touch anything - like trout - with weed on the bait.

So areas along Big Shell and down into the 38 mm range Saturday - the Sea weed was so bad, folks ended up where we usually chase pomps - which creates a challenge in finding setups that aren't pre-occupied by others with the same pursuits.

We finished the day boxing black drum, pomps and some bull whiting that measured 18" - too large not to box and fry some tasty whiting filets with the little slot black drum.

Pomp will sushi - SO DARN GOOD TO EAT!

Glen and son last Monday PINS

I didn't snag any fish LDPs from Saturday but here's Glen with a 20" class pompano when we finally found a pattern where we could at least hope for a pomp every 20 - 30 minutes. Glen got bit off a few times so we think sharks and or bluefish are running behind the tons of fingerling mullet swimming to Mexico in the surf zone.

Water temp in the surf Saturday - 69 degrees

Pomp love 68 - 75 degree surf. They will bite down to around 64 before shutting down into winter windows of less reliability as the water temps drop.

With the water conditions so clean, I waded a bit flinging the classic surf location lure (Johnson Sprite 3/4 oz Silver spoon - with a custom white/chartreuse treble hook for extra color and action = nothing.

Nothing picked up fresh fingerling mullet either - cut and or whole - including a hardhead. So cut bait and bullreds = NATHA. Which is odd this time of the year but, the bullreds could of been working outside the 3rd - I made two long cut mullet soaks over the 3rd but seaweed was literally impossible to manage without focusing only on that stick and ignoring the pompano setups. So Pompano was the focus - the window is closing for them this year so it was the goal.

Last edited by AtTheWall; 12-06-2021 at 11:45 AM.
AtTheWall is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-06-2021, 11:40 AM   #1237
gigem95
Ten Point

Hunt In: Grimes,Montgomery,Waller County

Quote:
Drove 6 hours to fish poc area Thursday-Saturday w a buddy. My middle son Ryan didnít have class at A&M Friday so he drove down to fish as well. Thursday afternoon we got out there around 2:30 which was the tail end of a falling tide. Waded a reef that usually has fish on it this time of year. Caught 2 keepers and a handful of throwbacks.

Thursday morning we found em thick and boxed our 3 man limit in pretty short order on variety of paddle tails. DSL White ice probably pulled in the most.

This is where the trip went south. After lunch we headed 10 miles across the bay to search for reds. About 3/4 of the way there, we blew the lower unit on my boat somehow. After trolling back for 2-3 hours and the sun fading fast, I finally swallowed some pride and flagged down a commercial fisherman for help and got a tow the rest of the way back.

Saturday we used the trolling motor to go out a mile or so to wade a few nearby reefs but not much biting. Only caught a handful of throwbacks.

Good times on the beautiful Texas coast!

Dang. Any idea what you hit?

gigem95 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-06-2021, 12:23 PM   #1238
Mayhem
Pope & Young

Thatís a lot of words to say we caught a bunch of pompano in the surf.

Old 12-06-2021, 02:41 PM   #1239
Quackerbox
Pope & Young

Ehhhhh n/m
Old 12-06-2021, 04:55 PM   #1240
AtTheWall
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
That’s a lot of words to say we caught a bunch of pompano in the surf.

Yup - hate to type to share here at times cuz the peanut gallery of recent years has really changed. Detailing what works and the context of what some of us who have shared here, with more than stories and success pixels - some have learned and embraced the details, of the techniques used, to consistently catch fish on days like this. And these members do not share their thanks on the PUBLIC boards openly, but many have transitioned to the coast, with some of the knowledge gleaned and shared here.

Lotta folks fish that don't share what they are doing here - because of this.

I could care less - I just do what I do and catch fish - share a bit - and continue to make memories and friends - who pursue gamefish.

Thanks!

Rob

Last edited by AtTheWall; 12-06-2021 at 05:03 PM.
Old 12-06-2021, 05:31 PM   #1241
Full Throttle
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigem95 View Post
Dang. Any idea what you hit?

No idea. Small dime sized piece chunk missing from skeg but never felt or heard anything
Old 12-06-2021, 06:16 PM   #1242
AtTheWall
Pope & Young

And Quakerbox - wanna see one of my STAKE OUT POLES working HARD about 100lbs -straight down around 25 Fathoms.

Upside down no less - bound to XPLODE - power applied to snap it

STAKE OUT POLE FOR THE WIN and most importantly - GOOD FRIENDS LIMITED OUT ON SOLID CLASS YFT!

Note the power zone in the blank - off the boats hull and held out with lift.

You learn more about tackle with THIS than any other test.

Old 12-06-2021, 06:44 PM   #1243
Quackerbox
Pope & Young

I'm FLATTERED

Old 12-06-2021, 07:29 PM   #1244
fish4food
Ten Point

:d :d :d
Old 12-06-2021, 07:53 PM   #1245
easeup
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheWall View Post
Yup - hate to type to share here at times cuz the peanut gallery of recent years has really changed. Detailing what works and the context of what some of us who have shared here, with more than stories and success pixels - some have learned and embraced the details, of the techniques used, to consistently catch fish on days like this. And these members do not share their thanks on the PUBLIC boards openly, but many have transitioned to the coast, with some of the knowledge gleaned and shared here.

Thanks!

Rob
well thanks to all that will type all of the how to detail because guys like me at the high end of the Red River dont get to go to the salt very often. We need lots of help every time on how to have some level of success down there so it aint a wasted trip till next year deal.

the look at me post with LDPs dont do much to help.
so thanks to all the TBH brothers willing to help us out.
easeup is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-06-2021, 09:55 PM   #1246
kevin nicholls
Ten Point

Quote:
No idea. Small dime sized piece chunk missing from skeg but never felt or heard anything
I feel your pain, I hit something in Cedar Lake on a path I've run several times. Knocked the cowling off my outboard I hit it so hard. You never know what's down there.
Old 12-06-2021, 10:00 PM   #1247
bboswell
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where ever I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheWall View Post
And Quakerbox - wanna see one of my STAKE OUT POLES working HARD about 100lbs -straight down around 25 Fathoms.

Upside down no less - bound to XPLODE - power applied to snap it

STAKE OUT POLE FOR THE WIN and most importantly - GOOD FRIENDS LIMITED OUT ON SOLID CLASS YFT!

Note the power zone in the blank - off the boats hull and held out with lift.

You learn more about tackle with THIS than any other test.

Good Lord, his comment was a month ago. Sensitive much?
bboswell is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-07-2021, 10:02 AM   #1248
Quackerbox
Pope & Young

Quote:

Thanks in advance.
I missed this

I know one of those but hes not on low end stuff. However, if youre looking to outfit a kid that meets that profile. Holler at me
Old 12-07-2021, 12:40 PM   #1249
AtTheWall
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboswell View Post
Good Lord, his comment was a month ago. Sensitive much?
Judging a man's work - kind of hard to not forget.

Thanks!
Old 12-07-2021, 12:51 PM   #1250
AtTheWall
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by easeup View Post
well thanks to all that will type all of the how to detail because guys like me at the high end of the Red River dont get to go to the salt very often. We need lots of help every time on how to have some level of success down there so it aint a wasted trip till next year deal.

the look at me post with LDPs dont do much to help.
so thanks to all the TBH brothers willing to help us out.
Easeup - Get into contact with us - and we can plan some trips during some prime time windows. Many of us are in the retirement phase now, with plenty of time to dial in some patterns, to help gain an edge with weather windows.

A few of us network regularly in the Coastal Bend zone and reaches down to Baffin and Port Mansfield with inshore and offshore updates.

If the bay is off - the surf is right there for another round of techniques and species. Yellowfin tuna - is yet another opportunity - with many here going offshore as group yearly.