• Show
Clear All

Blanked again. This is getting old.

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Puggy625 View Post

Yep, I hate that feeling too. Better luck next time.

Comment

Makes me feel better!

I don't get out much. Spent a couple days in late October watching squirrels. Couple weeks ago was out to totally new area (for me) picked off satellite view. Sat from before sunrise until about 10:45. Of course as I was packing up a lone deer came by, snorted to get my attention, and bounded off. Saw nothing that afternoon either

Comment

I cannot tell a lie... The human intrusion from last years shutdown change things drastically in certain areas. Folks cut holes in the fences to get dirt bikes on the area, put in bridges over creeks and cut out trails... Deer reacted by moving into more isolated areas... Just my $0.02

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HR3 View Post
            I cannot tell a lie... The human intrusion from last years shutdown change things drastically in certain areas. Folks cut holes in the fences to get dirt bikes on the area, put in bridges over creeks and cut out trails... Deer reacted by moving into more isolated areas... Just my $0.02

I haven't seen that in the area I'm hunting. The COE did mow the fence line around the perimeter and that may have had somewhat of an impact. The fields close by are just starting to grow the winter wheat/grasses so I'm hoping that will start to get them moving to go eat. Plus, some cooler weather would help also.

Comment

Wrong. Theft is theft. Sheriff has been notified and will be on the lookout. Have not heard back from GW yet.

And, just to make I clear, I aint mad about it. Like I said, it was a non functional dummy camera. So I aint out nothing. But, I hate a thief and will put one in jail every chance I get.

lol, good luck with that. He'll probably laugh cause you left it on public prop. !

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
                lol, good luck with that. He'll probably laugh cause you left it on public prop. !
                So was it you that took it?
                Do you think it's OK to steal someone else's property whether on private land or public?

Comment

I haven't seen that in the area I'm hunting. The COE did mow the fence line around the perimeter and that may have had somewhat of an impact. The fields close by are just starting to grow the winter wheat/grasses so I'm hoping that will start to get them moving to go eat. Plus, some cooler weather would help also.

Yeah, I've seen the area they mowed but nobody has repaired the fences or removed the foot bridges elsewhere. All you can do is report it.

Comment

From the Gun Doe hunt Thanksgiving weekend, out of about 14 groups using corn, ATVs and guns. They shot 4 does. Lowest in a long time according to staff.

Also next year they say they will require EOSR. Electronic On Site Registration. And maybe in the future they will find a way to check in your deer online too, so no more going to the office.. but that hasn't been worked out yet.

I saw deer on the gun hunt, but it was all just after last light.

Comment

Louisiana does electronic tagging. You just text a number and fill out a form and they give you a confirmation number to put on your tag

Comment

In the stand for an evening hunt. Don't know why I am as warm as it is. But, go when you can I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by kdm015 View Post
                          Louisiana does electronic tagging. You just text a number and fill out a form and they give you a confirmation number to put on your tag
                          Arkansas does the same thing

Comment

In the stand for an evening hunt. Don't know why I am as warm as it is. But, go when you can I guess.

Keep an eye out for GW Chris Fried. And, good luck.

Comment

New to archery hunting on open public land

Hello fellow hunters. I’m a mildly experienced hunter, having been on a dozen or more public draw hunts over the years, but having been spoiled to hunt on family land with a gun, enclosed blinds and corn. I inherited my father’s crossbow so I am new to archery season. I have 4 young kids so I am looking towards closer hunting opportunities to Sulphur Springs. This season, I have been out in the stand 6-7 times on the north side of the lake. I have gotten skunked every time from the tree stand. I have jumped deer walking in or out. I am willing to hike in. It’s getting exhausting with no action. I am wondering what I am doing wrong. Anyway, hi. Happy hunting and merry Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by ToddDaRealMcCoy View Post
                                Hello fellow hunters. I’m a mildly experienced hunter, having been on a dozen or more public draw hunts over the years, but having been spoiled to hunt on family land with a gun, enclosed blinds and corn. I inherited my father’s crossbow so I am new to archery season. I have 4 young kids so I am looking towards closer hunting opportunities to Sulphur Springs. This season, I have been out in the stand 6-7 times on the north side of the lake. I have gotten skunked every time from the tree stand. I have jumped deer walking in or out. I am willing to hike in. It’s getting exhausting with no action. I am wondering what I am doing wrong. Anyway, hi. Happy hunting and merry Christmas.
                                Best advice I can give you is to scout a bunch in the off season and let cameras do the sitting for you. My time is very limited so I am typically unwilling to sit a spot that has not been proven by a camera. I prefer to leave cameras out dor an entire season and then pull them. This gets me a very comprehensive look at animal activity as well as people pressure. Season wraps up soon. Take those kiddos out scouting/squirrel hunting after it closes. Sign tends to be a bit more obvious this time of year because all of the foliage is gone.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X