No announcement yet.

Need help for WiFi hot water heater wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks gang. Glad to know there’s options available. I’ll report back if I’ve got some issues.

Comment

Originally posted by timoub007 View Post
      I put a simple disconnect switch right above my water heater at the ranch. This is the same sort of switch you have to have by an outside A/C unit. Terminate the existing wires to this and run a short jumper to the water heater.
      If a guest can locate the water heater they can do this.

Make a sign, tag, label, etc. to tag the valve that turns off the water notifying the user to turn off this switch.

T
      Was about to post the same. Would be the easiest for now.

Comment

Don't make it complicated.

Install a TS2301 Wi-Fi Electric Water Heater Controller. It's designed to do exactly what consumers like you are asking for.

Comment

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post

Install a TS2301 Wi-Fi Electric Water Heater Controller. It's designed to do exactly what consumers like you are asking for.
          As are the GE & Aqualoop ones, but I believe he is looking for something else.

Comment

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post

That's a good one. But only sold to pro's and distributors per there website so i may be difficult for some folks to get.

Comment

Working...
            X