Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got the Jury Duty tomorrow

Could be fun.
    Wife served Cornbread and beans the past 2 nights....

One of the most important things you can do! Right next to voting

I work in the courts.

They send out notices and around 1/4 to 1/3 show up.

Comment

After my last time going in for jury duty, I think my notice will be lost from now on. Both lawyers and the judge took my name down and asked for the correct spelling before telling me I could leave. I was the only one that all three took the info down on after one of the other jurors caught up with me in the parking lot leaving. Guess they didn’t like someone that told them what was on their mind straight up with no B.S. thrown in.

Comment

I just got a notice to serve in Harris County. I live in Montgomery county.
        They must be reaching hard for people to serve.

Comment

Originally posted by tazhunter0 View Post
          Guess they didn’t like someone that told them what was on their mind straight up with no B.S. thrown in.
          Don't even have to make anything up or play games like some do to get out, just tell them like it is. Thanks you're excused.

Comment

Originally posted by Mary View Post
            I just got a notice to serve in Harris County. I live in Montgomery county.
            They must be reaching hard for people to serve.
            Harris tried that with me years ago. I told them I have never lived nor will ever live there. They said I needed to go down and fix it. I said its your mistake not mine have fun lol.

Comment

I had a jury summons yesterday. When I handed them my papers they took a quick glance and told me I'm excused, the lady behind me was set up to the court room. I kinda want to know why they excused me.

Comment

Originally posted by FCoDxDart View Post
                I had a jury summons yesterday. When I handed them my papers they took a quick glance and told me I'm excused, the lady behind me was set up to the court room. I kinda want to know why they excused me.
                They were looking for a more equitable jury

Comment

I’ll be in Tarrant co. court system tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by tazhunter0 View Post
                    After my last time going in for jury duty, I think my notice will be lost from now on. Both lawyers and the judge took my name down and asked for the correct spelling before telling me I could leave. I was the only one that all three took the info down on after one of the other jurors caught up with me in the parking lot leaving. Guess they didn’t like someone that told them what was on their mind straight up with no B.S. thrown in.
                    So you had an chance to influence a group of people and help the jury make the right call, and instead "told them what was on their mind", thereby forfeiting your ability to make a positive influence with the group?

Gotcha, you showed them

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                      I’ll be in Tarrant co. court system tomorrow.
                      What's the charge? Hunting in short jorts?

Comment

I served 4 times in Bexar County. Only got chosen for the sifting one time, but didn't make the final pick. I'm aged out now.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                          I served 4 times in Bexar County. Only got chosen for the sifting one time, but didn't make the final pick. I'm aged out now.
                          At 73 I'm out? What about Federal cases?

Comment

I was called recently only 52, of 300 called showed up.

Comment

Originally posted by huntandfishguy6 View Post
                              I was called recently only 52, of 300 called showed up.
                              61 of the 250 called showed up here

Comment

Working...
                              X