Change those filters!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change those filters!

As the holidays race upon us and the New Year is less than 45 days away, please keep your homes' air filters updated. Clean, high quality air filters are the best way to prevent the spread of respiratory diseases.

When Texas A&M started to return to on site classrooms, the first thing they did was double and triple the amount of air handling in classrooms. The university conducted contact tracing and few if any students contracted Covid from classrooms. Nearly all cases were traced to off campus living and activities. Airlines also increased the air handling on airplanes, and to date not one single case of Covid can be traced to air travel.

Representative Garret Graves (R-LA), Transportation and Infrastructure Committee, said top researchers have testified before Congress "that airline travel is safe, that they effectively had not found any cases of where transmission happened on an airplane." Air cabin ventilation entirely recycles the air within seconds; any infected air doesn't linger long enough to infect anyone else.
    - Tony Perkins, Family Research Council.

So keep those air filters clean and updated!

Thanks for the reminder. Just moved into a new home so I need to see what filter and change it as the house has sat for quite a while.

Comment

Seems to me that a dirty air filter would have a better chance at filtering out tiny viruses than a clean one. :-).

Comment

I change mine every 3 months.

Comment

We do ours with every seasonal change. Helps with not having to track months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Thanks, good reminder, need to get after this.

Comment

Change ours in Groesbeck ever month

Comment

My wife is good at reminding me to do this. Just changed ours last week. Good reminder

Comment

Monthly here. Filters are a lot cheaper than service calls.

Comment

Good PSA on the air filters. We change ours frequently.

Not sure I am on board with the airplane part. Going on 2 years now I have done intake for covid positive team members including F/A's and Pilots. I can't trace what germ was where when they contracted covid, but to say there hasn't been a single case of covid being spread on a flight? I am not sure I could be convinced of that.

Comment

We go monthly and use those 12s

Comment

The benefits of changing your air filters on HVAC systems are broad, with COVID being FAR down the list of benefits, but worth the mention.

Comment

I change mine every 2-3 weeks since getting an all new system last summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bazo View Post
                            I change mine every 2-3 weeks since getting an all new system last summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have stained concrete floors, so there's no carpet to trap dust or dirt. My filters need to be changed every month when the AC is running.

Comment

Good note for all. Changed my media filters Nov 1 & May 1.

If your unit is strong, consider running with fan mode "on" during days when inside temps are similar to outside temps.

Comment

Working...
                              X